Hrvoje
pink-floyd

Does God exist?

Hrvoje

Hrvoje

Pro

Today in the age of science, I believe there is no anymore any excuse for not believing in God.
I believe there are 2. main reason for not believing in God:
1.Moral obligations
2.Epicurean paradox

First reason is very clear.. Peoples do not want to live by some rules which "God rules" what God makes. For example: "sex before marriage".. Statistics shows that around 99% atheists what are older than 21, had sex before marriage, If we that compare to Highly religious group, "Only 80%" people had sex before marriage, the difference is large... Even 4 of 5 "believers in God" had sex before marriage, what is bad result, it is still much way better than with atheists/agnostics..

If you don't believe in God/If you don't believe that sex before marriage is bad(61% "Christians" says so) then you don't have pangs of conscience...

2. reason is I think the most "powerful" reason for not believing in God.. This question is unanswered for more than 2000 years, and I think that is "best argument" for not believing in God, because much of them do not believe only because of that...

But let check Arguments for God:

We have a much arguments for believing in God: Cosmological argument, the moral argument etc..

This is my first debate here, so I would finish with this and see the response..
Hrvoje

Pro

Can you give me just one argument(between these two which I said "against" believing in God)?
All evidences what we have shows that universe had absolute beginning, and if there are multi-verses the also need to have absolute beginning..With universe are created space and time..
So you believe that nothing created everything?

So do you is more logical to believe that nothing create everything(which is completely impossible) than a God created
pink-floyd

Con

Imagine if a grown adult went around telling people that they believed in Santa Claus. They'd look crazy. But when it's God, it's acceptable because the masses are also apart of this delusion, instead of just na"ve children.
Have you ever tried praying? Did someone ever answer? I thought so. A thoughtful person who thinks about God cannot help but notice the amazing contradictions. They are everywhere you look. In Christian mythology, God is supposed to the the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of the universe. God is supposed to have incarnated himself as Jesus and he is supposed to have written the Bible. And yet today God is completely and absolutely silent. Therefore, the only thing we hear from God comes from people who are speaking on his behalf.

If you would like to understand how imaginary God is, all that you have to do is listen to God's spokespeople, because in many cases these people are lunatics. If there actually were a God, and if he actually had anything to do with love, he would silence these people because they are an absolute embarrassment.
Hrvoje

Pro

There is few points what I want to make in this "round".

1. "Idea of Santa Claus and Idea of God are not connection in any way", but by your opinion, God is "Santa Claus for adults"
How you know that God is a delusion? Can you prove that God does not exist? So according to you, all peoples what believe in God are stupid, it seems like 94-98% peoples of world are idiots, and the most greatest minds in history of human kind( Newton, Galileo, Twain, Einstein...)

2. Bible don't say that Jesus is God, Bible say that Jesus is way, truth and life... When they asked Jesus, when will come the end of world He said "I don't know it, nobody don't know it, only Father(God) knows it"

3.My favorite atheistic argument is: "Well, you have many religious, only one is correct, so if you believe in Jesus, and Islam is correct you will go in hell"
That is completely incorrectly.. Bible don't say that Muslims will go in hell, or Hindu's...
In Bible and any religion(as much I know) you have 2 basic rules for going in "heaven"
-Believe in God(all religion believes in God, except satanism)
- Repent for your sins

Same is with Islam, I know that in Quran writes that Christians can very easy go in heaven...

So the argument "Only one religion is correct, and if you don't believe in correct religion you will go in hell" is completely incorrectly...

4. God did not wrote Bible direct(with hand and pen) He did lead the writing of Bible(through people)... "He spoke and humans have written"

And here is one evidence for that

Ivan Panin studied Original Bible (On Hebrew and Greek) over 50 years. He discovered that All books of Bible(66 books is in Bible) are full of mathematical rules...
Its completely impossible that human(s) write only 500 words with that rules.. And Now, Bible have more than 1200 pages...

In the following link, you have shown only a small part of the Bible

http://www.breadoflifebiblestudy.com...
pink-floyd

Con

pink-floyd forfeited this round.
Hrvoje

Pro

Hrvoje forfeited this round.
pink-floyd

Con

pink-floyd forfeited this round.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 1 year ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy
To prove that something exists, it has to be definable.
God can't be defined, so God's existence can't be proved.
But it's easy to prove that God cannot not exist.
If God didn't exist, nothing & no one else would either.

Albert Einstein stated that the universe is Finite but Unbounded.
Like life, time, space, etc. , the universe had no beginning, & will have no ending.
The so-called "Big Bang" wasn't the beginning.

My name wasn't Jesus-
I had a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.
Neither I, nor any other Biblical personage, ever said the things we're quoted as saying.
None of us ever spoke in English.
English didn't even EXIST back then.
It can be easily proved that the self-proclaimed "God" of the Bible, who said that his name was pronounced Yahweh, couldn't have been a real God.
He was doing things thousands of years ago that a real God wouldn't have done,
such as insisting that he was the only God, that everybody had to believe him to be the only God,
& obey him & worship him as the only God, that he could Murder all unbelievers, etc. , & he
actually destroyed some physical bodies of unbelievers.
(See Numbers 16, etc. )
Muslims believe that Islam is the one true religion,
so any method of converting others would be acceptable,
since anybody who refuses to convert to Islam is Evil, anti-God, Doomed, Damned.
Posted by Vajrasattva-LeRoy 1 year ago
Vajrasattva-LeRoy

My name wasn't Jesus-
I had a Hebrew name, pronounced Yeshua.
None of us ever spoke in English.
English didn't even EXIST back then.
(See Numbers 16, etc. )
Posted by Hrvoje 1 year ago
Hrvoje
Sure, I will try to fix it next round... This is my 1. debate here, so I am not sure how it works
Posted by samwight 1 year ago
samwight
Con, you might want to make your arguments a bit longer in length. Pro, good job, but I had a hard time understanding your grammar, which does need some work. Also, the approach you took is a bit different, but still works.
Vote Placed by hayhen13 1 year ago
hayhen13
Hrvojepink-floydTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited twice. Con also didn't have good arguments while Pro based their arguments off evidence, Not a good debate overall but credit to Pro for better debate.