otaku.miner
Commondebator

Does God exist?

Commondebator

otaku.miner

Con

First round for acceptance only.
I will say that God is not real.
Good luck.
Have fun.
Commondebator

Pro

I accept

Since this debate is in the form of the question, all I have to say is "Yes God exists", and I would have basically fulfilled by BOP.

However, I encourage my opponent to further define the terms of this debate. Con must disprove god if this debate is referring to the existence of god, not in a form of a question.

Otherwise, I would simply bring up some degree of possible evidence of god, whereas (please correct me) that con will disprove god. If con could describe the ways to fulfill our BOP, it would be highly appreciated.
otaku.miner

Con

Basically, you have to prove God exists.

Good luck :)

God does not exist. An example (credits to http://godisimaginary.com...) is how it states that if, for example, I say, "Leprechauns exist." You can not see it, you can not sense it, you can not smell. nor hear, taste, or touch it, or scientifically prove they exist. Yes, they are very popular, but only mentioned in folk tales, pure fantasies, or old wives tales. Therefore, god does not exist.

Another reason God does not exist is that in Noah's Ark (again, credits to link above), it contain false information as stated "The waters rose and covered the mountains to a depth of more than fifteen cubits." meaning 29,000 feet, or nearly 6 miles, was covered in water. It's impossible because that water does not exist.

There is no proof that God exists. Millions of people pray to him, and what? Nothing. The universe started because an explosion called the Big Bang happened. Proof of that has been shown multiple times.

Because this is round one, it should be shorter than usual.
Commondebator

Pro

I thank my opponent for creating this debate. Before I go any further, I would like to point out that it is impossible to prove/disprove the existence of god (which I will explain later on). Therefore, I believe this debate will go to whoever makes the most convincing arguments. Let’s go into rebuttals first.

R & C.1 Just because humans senses and machines have limited capability of detection of god, it does not mean god does not exist

Ok, so it appears to be that Pro will expand his BOP in the following rounds which I have no objection towards. Now follow my logic

Person 1: God exists
Person 2: I cannot sense him
Person 1: He is undetectable by your senses
Person 2: He cannot be detected by heat sig., Infrared, X-ray, or any other form of detection
Person 1: He has the ability to undetectable by any form of detection

Person 1 has now made a situation which cannot be refuted, but he cannot prove the existence of god either. Which is why, it is impossible to prove or disprove god. Therefore, we will have to go towards the most convincing arguments

R.2 Christian events is irrelevant

This debate is in regards to an all powerful being, not religious events.

R & C .3 God does not contradict any scientific theories

The big bang is a theory which is about an accelerating expansion supposedly from a singularity which started from quantum fluctuations from the vacuum of space, which can be detected by the redshift of the electromagnetic spectra. (Yay Science). Now, it is very possible that this occurred with the existence of god.

-Energy is eternal according to the first law of thermodynamics
-If energy is eternal, there can be an eternal being
-The eternal being may in fact be energy itself.

We can interpret god to be different things. And since energy is eternal, god may in fact be energy itself. Thus proving god.

I will expand my arguments in the following round as well.
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
Commondebator

Pro

Extend so my opponent can argue
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
otaku.miner

Con

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
Posted by funnycn 1 year ago
funnycn
Con has used bad sources, their arguments are poorly constructed and used a lot of emotional arguments instead of logical arguments.
Posted by USPharaoh 1 year ago
USPharaoh
Too funny...someone states that his prayer was not answered,therefore there is no god??? that makes zero sense and is not logical. Even if there were a million prayers not answered...and one is then that means there is a god. (because that god that is prayed to determines the outcome).
Someone states that the biggie bang "theory" proves that there is no god.... again, too funny since the early writing states that a god said "let there be light"...I'm not certain about the true translation but the point being made correlates with scientific evidence of a big bag (explosion of light)....keep in mind that that early writing was not by a scientist but by a man with no mathematical education, no scientific understanding of time and energy.... nothing but a revelation.
Posted by Commondebator 1 year ago
Commondebator
I agree. His source is flawed
Posted by Esiar 1 year ago
Esiar
Godisimaginary.com gives horrible arguments. From #1 to Bonus #14.
Vote Placed by RomanCatholic 1 year ago
RomanCatholic
otaku.minerCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeits
Vote Placed by Ragnar 1 year ago
Ragnar
otaku.minerCommondebatorTied
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
otaku.minerCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff several times, so conduct to Pro. Because of this, many of Pros arguments were not refuted, so arguments to Pro.
Vote Placed by ATHOS 1 year ago
ATHOS
otaku.minerCommondebatorTied
Reasons for voting decision: con forfeited