taburkasaurusrex
JKL

Does God exist?

taburkasaurusrex

taburkasaurusrex

Pro

Round 1: Acceptance + Reason. Rounds 2-4: Rebuttals. Round 5: Rebuttal + Conclusion.

God does exist. the earth didn't just create itself. Humans didn't evolve from apes. We were created in the image of God himself. We were his perfect creation, until sin came in and ruined us. The bible states in John 11:25-26 "25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
JKL

Con

Nah ain't no God son
taburkasaurusrex

Pro

How can you say there isn't a God? Everyone believes in some "greater being." So tell me where is your proof that there isn't God? Scientists have even found proof of Jesus' existence. "Then came the discovery in 1990 in Jerusalem of an ossuary, a burial box for bones, bearing the name of Caiaphas, the high priest who condemned Jesus. Just recently it appears the most spectacular of all archaeological finds relating to Jesus has surfaced." There has been proof found that Jesus walked on this earth and that God exists.
JKL

Con

JKL forfeited this round.
taburkasaurusrex

Pro

If God doesn't exist then why do "atheists" go out of their way to prove that He doesn't exist? Why do atheists always say He isn't real. Why do they say that God doesn't exist? Why do they try and say that God isn't real and flip out when Christians confront them and try to explain to them? Even Satanists believe God is real. So how can you determine that God isn't real? Statistics show that 33% of people in the world are Christians.
JKL

Con

JKL forfeited this round.
taburkasaurusrex

Pro

I do believe my case is closed. My opponent has forfeited his last two rounds and doesn't seem to be debating his side of this debate.
JKL

Con

JKL forfeited this round.
taburkasaurusrex

Pro

Case closed. There has been no arguments.
JKL

Con

JKL forfeited this round.
Posted by taburkasaurusrex 1 year ago
taburkasaurusrex
Actually it states that people were made in Gods' image. Not a gods image. God doesn't have to prove himself to us, we're dirt. It was wrote by men, sure, but it was inspired by God. God told the men what to write and they wrote it.
Posted by DTreleaven 1 year ago
DTreleaven
"So tell me where is your proof that there isn't God? "

Proving that anything, including a god, does not exist is pointless because one cannot prove a negative assertion.

The proof of a god lies with those who believe there are such things as gods.
In a court the assertion that an injustice has been committed must be proven.
The person stating that there is an injustice must provide proof of it.....you must prove the positive.
If one states that gods do not exist .......it follows then that there are no gods until they are proven to exist by whatever means are at the believers disposal.
Also using a 2000 year old book written by unknown authors and edited and reedited countless times to suit "facts as they occur throughout history is not any ....dare I say "rational" proof of a god.

The religious state that people where made in a gods image.
People made gods in the image of people....if goats had gods ....their gods would look like goats.
Posted by taburkasaurusrex 1 year ago
taburkasaurusrex
Well that all depends on the ants perspective. Who's to say that the ant doesn't know how big the world is? Unless you can put yourself in the ants position the answer to that question will always remain unknown.
Posted by TheSymbiote 1 year ago
TheSymbiote
This was debated sooooo many times. I have one statement for you. Does the ant know how big the world is?
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
taburkasaurusrexJKLTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture