tylersch96
MilitaryAtheist

Does God exist?

MilitaryAtheist

tylersch96

Pro

First round is acceptance.
MilitaryAtheist

Con

Acceptance
tylersch96

Pro

To begin with, from my previous debate I can say this.
If there is no God then how can this universe exist. If the earth was any less of anything then life would be unsubstainable. Also the lenght of the seasons, days, nights, and the gravitational pull is perfect. Who could have done this? I will tell you who. Jehovah God!!

Scientist say that everything we have now is because of a 'big bang' but if that happened then how would a planet so perfect happen from an explosion?

Also how would you explain evolution?
If things evolve then why to men have nipples? We dont need them so why do we have them?

I will see what con says.
MilitaryAtheist

Con

The Universe is quite fine on it's own. I could concede that Earth is 1/billion but that is point-less as there are unthinkable number of planets out there, some of them are bound to be fit for life, Earth being one of them.

I would not have used the word 'perfect', but whatever. See above. The Big Bang also was not a explosion in the normal sense of the word. Think of it like me blowing a ballon with air.

Also how would you explain evolution?

What? I never seen that body part be used in a agrument. Maybe it was needed for past apes?
I am unlearned about the fine details of evolution, but this is fallacy whatever.
Attacks

Problem of Evil

1. If God exists, then God is omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect. (As defined by Christian theologians and philosophers.)
2. If God is omnipotent, then God has the power to eliminate all evil.
3. If God is omniscient, then God knows when evil exists.
4. If God is morally perfect, then God has the desire to eliminate all evil.
5. Evil exists.
6. If evil exists and God exists, then either God does not have the power to eliminate all evil, or does not know when evil exists, or does not have the desire to eliminate all evil.
Conclusion: Therefore, God doesn't exist.

There are a few out-comes for the PE (Problem of Evil)

1: God is not Omnipotent
2: God is not Omniscient
3: God is not morally perfect.
4:Evil doesn't exist
5:God is not really a Tri-Omni god.

Not the best argument but time to move on the the Kalam.

Kalam Cosmological Argument

1) Everything that begins to exist has a cause.
2) The universe began to exist.
3) Therefore, the universe had a cause.

The issue with this is because we only can witness ex materia creation, not ex nihilo. We can't take the rules for "ex materia" and then sic them to "ex nihilo".

One other thing. God is a problem for the KCA. WHERE did God come from? HOW (like how the big bang was created the universe?) did God come to be? No doubt by "argument from design" logic it had to be quite the anomaly. Thus by this logic the KCA and God are self refuting.

Vote MA
tylersch96

Pro

"The Universe is quite fine on it's own. I could concede that Earth is 1/billion but that is point-less as there are unthinkable number of planets out there, some of them are bound to be fit for life, Earth being one of them."

One problem I have with this statement is how would con know that there are other planets capable of substaining life? There is only one planet known to humans that can do that. Earth.
Psamls 90:2 "Even from time indefinite to time indefinite [or, forever] you are God.” Hence, god has been around forever.

Problem of Evil
Job 34:10 “Far be it from the true God to act wickedly, and the Almighty to act unjustly!”

1 john 5:19 "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”

When Satan led Adam and Eve into disobeying Jehovah, an important question was raised. Satan did not call into question Jehovah’s power. Even Satan knows that there is no limit to Jehovah’s power. Rather, Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule. By calling God a liar who withholds good from his subjects, Satan charged that Jehovah is a bad ruler

Adam and Eve rebelled against Jehovah. In effect, they said: ‘We do not need Jehovah as our Ruler. We can decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.’ How could Jehovah settle that issue? How could he teach all intelligent creatures that the rebels were wrong and that his way truly is best? Someone might say that God should simply have destroyed the rebels and made a fresh start. But Jehovah had stated his purpose to fill the earth with the offspring of Adam and Eve, and he wanted them to live in an earthly paradise. (Genesis 1:28) Jehovah always fulfills his purposes. (Isaiah 55:10, 11) Besides that, getting rid of the rebels in Eden would not have answered the question that had been raised regarding Jehovah’s right to rule.

Consider two things that the teacher in our illustration would not do. First, he would not stop the rebel student from presenting his case. Second, the teacher would not help the rebel to make his case. Similarly, consider two things that Jehovah has determined not to do. First, he has not stopped Satan and those who side with him from trying to prove that they are right. Allowing time to pass has thus been necessary. In the thousands of years of human history, mankind has been able to try every form of self-rule, or human government. Mankind has made some advances in science and other fields, but injustice, poverty, crime, and war have grown ever worse. Human rule has now been shown to be a failure.

Jehovah has not helped Satan to rule this world. If God were to prevent horrible crimes, for instance, would he not, in effect, be supporting the case of the rebels? Would God not be making people think that perhaps humans can govern themselves without disastrous results? If Jehovah were to act in that way, he would become party to a lie. However, “it is impossible for God to lie.”—Hebrews 6:18.

http://wol.jw.org...

MilitaryAtheist

Con

Laws of probality state that even if the odds are long, there are , like I said, billions of planets. Odds are there is more life in the Universe.

I would have thought that God would have been able to create life without evil, thus the PE. I think you jave not addressed this.

Posted by MilitaryAtheist 4 years ago
MilitaryAtheist
Want to debate that?
Posted by ishallannoyyo 4 years ago
ishallannoyyo
Billdekel's vote purely because of a lack of understanding in evolution is ridiculous. Evolution can coexist with religion you know.
Posted by Goldenpersuader 4 years ago
Goldenpersuader
"To begin with, from my previous debate I can say this.
If there is no God then how can this universe exist. If the earth was any less of anything then life would be unsubstainable. Also the lenght of the seasons, days, nights, and the gravitational pull is perfect. Who could have done this? I will tell you who. Jehovah God!!" This is obvious we evolved on this planet along with all other creatures so obviously it will be perfect for us or we would have evolved differently. In Pros defence Most of what Con says is from websites.
Vote Placed by Billdekel 4 years ago
Billdekel
tylersch96MilitaryAtheistTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't understand the big bang, evolution nor vestigiality.