Does God really care for his people or our constant apologies?

I wish to question my belief of if God actually cares for us or not. i will be saying he doesn't in this case. I want this to be a nice and clean debate, along with maturity and education.

I will accept this statement of concern and address it as best as I can. I am not sure if Pro has any rules aside from those listed. I will go ahead and argue for the Christian God in saying that He does in fact care for his people and their constant apologies. Simply because God is silent in certain areas does not mean we should translate that into absence.
First of all, we all sin (Isaiah 53:6 "We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way" and Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God").

God does not simply overlook sin and "forgive us" however he is always ready to. In 1 John 1:9 it says if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. Also in 1 John 2: 1-2 it says my dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense, Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world Jesus was asked by the disciples how many times they needed to forgive someone. "Then Peter came and said to Him, ‘Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?' Jesus said to him, ‘I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven'" (Matthew 18:21,22).You always forgive, because God always forgives us. God does not have a limit. He died for every one of your sins, those you've committed and those you will commit, past, present, and future sins.

I am glad you accept my challenge. Now, I believe that if god were to actually care, why do we have disease, poverty, and war? If we were god's perfection, then why do we have these things. How does god actually send the consequences for people's sins? That, is why I doubt my belief in him now.

I apologize for my delay in response I dont have much of an oppurtunity to use a computer while deployed.

The doubt raised by these questions is normal. I will do my best to address these concerns. Simply because evil exists in the world does not mean that God does not exist If anything recognizing evil on a moral standpoint adds great weight to the existence of God (we can go further into "the problem of evil" if you like). I have committed evil but it does not mean my father doesn't exist. God has granted us free will, the freedom to choose how we wish to live our lives. God has placed a moral standard for us to live and wants us to choose the right path. Unfortunately there will be those who abuse the gift of free will to harm others.

God does care. He knows when humans suffer. But, let's remember, God isn't a mere human. He is God. His perspective is infinitely greater than ours. He sees the "bigger picture" that our experiences as mortal humans, however painful or unhappy, will be to our eventual benefit. Make no mistake, the good and loving Creator would not allow such things to happen otherwise.
Here is a good sermon piece from Wayne Blank

"When a parent takes an infant to the doctor for a regular vaccination to prevent some childhood disease, it's because the parent cares for and loves that child. The young child however will almost always see things very differently. When the doctor's needle goes into that little arm, the child will often cry out and howl from the pain. It may look up at the parent, with those big innocent eyes, in the most pleading and pitiful way, as if to say, "Look at the horrible thing that's happening to me! Don't you care about my terrible suffering? How can you just stand there and allow this to go on? Don't you love me?"

The parent however knows better. He or she is aware that everything is going to be all right in a very short time (even though it almost always has an emotional impact on the parent to see the child distressed in such a way). A minor, brief pain is the price the child pays for a healthier life later.

Just as an infant cannot possibly understand the motives of its parent while it is still only a child, so too we cannot appreciably comprehend God's will for us while we are still as we are. It's a matter of perspective - the brief few years of a physical human lifetime, versus the eternity, time without end that will follow.

In regards of the consequences of sin for others. We must have faith that justice will be served to those deserving of it. True love however is forgiving those who have wronged us no matter what the damage. Now I know this easier said than done. I have been wronged many times in the past but I would tell myself that. As much as I would like to take vengeance on those who have hurt me I place my faith in God who is much wiser and can deal better justice than I ever could. This is a bit of an unorthodox debate for me seeing how we are only skimming the surface of a very broad topic. I can only hope that I am answering your questions.

batbeyond15 forfeited this round.

Really does not matter how the score goes. Hopefully Pro gives his faith another chance.
Posted by batbeyond15 4 years ago
i fixed it everyone.
Posted by batbeyond15 4 years ago
to viper king. yes, you would be saying yes, he does.
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Tried to accept didnt fit the criteria
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Aside from the fact that you wish to have a clean and mature debate. Are there any other rules? If not I will accept challenge
Posted by Doulos1202 4 years ago
Yea Im game as long as this is revised.
Posted by KeytarHero 4 years ago
Viper-King, you'd be arguing Con, that God doesn't care for His people or their constant apologies.
Posted by Flame 4 years ago
Change the challenge criteria or issue me the challenge. I'llll take it
Posted by Viper-King 4 years ago
If I accept this debate am I arguing God cares for the people?
Vote Placed by LibertyCampbell 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff