tylersch96
ockcatdaddy

Does God support premarital sex

tylersch96

tylersch96

Con

first round is acceptance
ockcatdaddy

Pro

I actually say no to this but I shall go pro for this debate you begin!
tylersch96

Con

hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement.
The Greek word translated "fornication" is not restricted to sexual intercourse but includes a variety of lewd acts. So if two unmarried people engage in oral sex or in fondling each others" reproductive organs, they are guilty of fornication.

The Bible tells us that King Solomon once observed a young man being seduced into premarital sex. Solomon compared the young man to "a bull that comes even to the slaughter." A bull that is to be butchered seems to have no idea what is about to happen to it. Young ones who engage in premarital sex often behave similarly"they seem to show little or no awareness that there are serious consequences to their actions! Solomon said of that young man: "He has not known that it involves his very soul."
All of a sudden he is going after her,*+ like a bull that comes even to the slaughter, and just as if fettered* for the discipline of a foolish man, 23 until an arrow cleaves open his liver,+ just as a bird hastens into the trap,+ and he has not known that it involves his very soul.proverbs 7:22,23.

Sexual relations are a gift from God, a gift that is to be enjoyed at the appropriate time"when one is married. How does God feel when we try to enjoy sex outside of marriage? Well, imagine that you have purchased a gift for a friend. Before you can give it to that friend, he or she steals it! Wouldn"t you be upset? Imagine, then, how God feels when a person engages in premarital sex, abusing the gift that God has provided.
ockcatdaddy

Pro

if God didn't support the homosexuals and the bisexuals...then why has he not killed any of them or even tried to strike them down??
tylersch96

Con

what relevance does that have? if god wanted to strike down obama why hasent he? obama is misleading the whole world so.
ockcatdaddy

Pro

I see no relevance to premarital sex from your last rebuttal...We are debating about whether or not if God supports premarital sex...So why did you bring up Obama???
tylersch96

Con

let it be the peoples choice.
ockcatdaddy

Pro

people let me point out that my opponent provided only text from a bible which has not even been scientifically proven therefore I must get all the athiest votes ad those who believe in strictly science and all others.
Posted by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
If you make the resolution a positive statement, phrased appropriately, such as, "Resolved: Jehovah opposes extramarital sex," then Firstguy can be Pro, and Secondguy can be Con, and I won't be confused, and therefore I won't be reduced to using "Firstguy" and "Secondguy."
Posted by darkcity 4 years ago
darkcity
I'm surprised god didn't strike down this debate. ; -)

"people let me point out that my opponent provided only text from a bible which has not even been scientifically proven therefore I must get all the athiest votes ad those who believe in strictly science and all others."

You make the assumption that atheists and science bods don't trust anything in the bible.
Posted by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
*Reads Con's R2 arguments*
*Reads Pro's response*
*Facepalm*
Posted by IheartCorey 4 years ago
IheartCorey
no, god does not.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro said I should vote for him just because I'm an atheist, lol.
Vote Placed by DeFool 4 years ago
DeFool
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor gamesmanship on all sides. I can find few reasons to award any scores at all - for S&G, conduct, sourcing... As this was a theological debate, I would expect biblical passages to have been presented. Denying the veracity of these sources was unforgivable, and results in the only score that I can justify making.
Vote Placed by Thaddeus 4 years ago
Thaddeus
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol, strictly science, the new spin-off of strictly come dancing.
Vote Placed by wiploc 4 years ago
wiploc
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Secondguy hardly responded to Firstguy's argument. Secondguy thinks he should get all the atheist votes, but he can't have this atheist's vote unless he argues better than Firstguy.
Vote Placed by Nur-Ab-Sal 4 years ago
Nur-Ab-Sal
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pretty clear who won. Con used Biblical verses that obviously supported his position, and Pro did absolutely nothing to try and negate them, except in his final round attempt to argue that the Bible is unreliable and unproven... both of which were irrelevant considering the debate was within a theistic framework.
Vote Placed by Torvald 4 years ago
Torvald
tylersch96ockcatdaddyTied
Reasons for voting decision: It pains me to vote for Con, whose argument was weak and ludicrous, but I feel he must receive the convincing arguments point, for Pro didn't make any arguments at all. Both were off-topic, unstructured, and ill-executed. This debate should never have come to pass.