gangesriptide
medicfrogs

Does Islam Teach terrorism

gangesriptide

Con

Hey, I want to see actual proof from the Quran from your own words. I want you to actually give me a quote from a Quran that teaches terrorism. Please show me, because it seems that you have failed to show me actual proof. I would love to challenge you!
medicfrogs

Pro

Hello gangesriptide, thank you very much for the invitation to debate this topic. Below is a link containing over 100 versus pulled and cited from the Qur'an that promote violence against non-believers and other forms of what the text considers to be offenders. Some of it sounds similar to passages of the Old Testament in Christianity for example, but the big difference is that in Christianity, the Old Testament, including things like "The Law of Moses" were fulfilled with the coming of Christ and his sacrifice thereof. This means that most Christians don't practice most scripture documented in the Old Testament that is usually taken out of context, like "an eye for an eye." The Qur'an, however, is the "unchanging and infinite word of Allah" and all of its documented scripture is still widely practiced in any faith that uses it.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com...
gangesriptide

Con

gangesriptide forfeited this round.
medicfrogs

Pro

medicfrogs forfeited this round.
gangesriptide

Con

gangesriptide forfeited this round.
medicfrogs

Pro

medicfrogs forfeited this round.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Well. The link is not about "history"
Posted by KingEnder101 1 year ago
KingEnder101
This is pointless. We know the Islam doesn't promote terrorism because there are mort non-violent Muslims than radical Muslims. Let's not forget all religions have a history of violence. For ex. The crusades by the Christians, the Hindi religious "cleansings", and Arab violence against the Jews. Violence is a part of history, no matter what the religion.
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Here the numbers for the US
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com...
Posted by medicfrogs 1 year ago
medicfrogs
Vellai,
So many people believe that Islam is an inherently peaceful religion precisely because versus from the Qur'an are taken out of context to sound harmless. The New Testament in Christianity says that God is merciful, and that all can be forgiven. The God of the Qur'an is a God of wrath, and through the mouth of the prophet Muhammad he commands that all who speak against Islam "be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land." Which religion would you more likely join, the one where everyone can ultimately be forgiven no matter what so itreally doesn't matter if you're a member, or the one that if you're not a member of, you might be damned forever. Using fear and intimidation as a way to coerce people, also known as terrorism.

To your other point, you referred to a non-cited statistic of "1%" of the Muslim population in regards to how many have radical views. I would love to know where you got this number. Here is an interesting, and factual video of a survey that was done which shows a much different reality that what most people right now perceive.
https://www.youtube.com...

Do I believe that there are good people who are Muslims? Yes, absolutely! Everyone has their own individual moral compass, and as you said, some people bring about their own interpretations of the Qur'an that represent a more peaceful aspect. Is that what the debate is about? Nope. And I stand by my motion that the roots of Islam are intolerant and violent in nature, as with many religions.
Posted by vellai 1 year ago
vellai
I think there is no such thing as an evil religion. There are evil people but not bad religions. You have to take the verses into proper context. You are not supposed to take it literally. There are metaphors and hidden meanings. I agree with gagnesriptide. There are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, less than 1% are actually terrorists. You cannot make such a huge generalization about such a huge religion, it is also the fastest growing religion. If it is a such a bad religion than why are so many people willing to join it? You also cannot take verses and quotes from unreliable sources, many of the verses people take are from unreliable sources that translate them wrong. Some verses seem to promotes violence but some are metaphors and you need to use context. I know there are evil muslims in this world, but there are more good ones. The media likes to focus on the bad things the muslims do and not the good. I hope you understand that Islam isn't bad, its just that there are some evil people in the world that make the whole religion seem bad. You cannot make such a huge generalization.
Posted by LordBeaumont 1 year ago
LordBeaumont
I think 5:32-5:34 about sums it up : http://quran.com...
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Yes. But why ?