tahirimanov
Tumblrnatic

Does Islam cause Terrorism?

Tumblrnatic

tahirimanov

Con

Pro makes first argument.
Sources for quotes must be cited.
Tumblrnatic

Pro

Yes. The full name of Iraq is 'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant'. Islam causes extremism.
tahirimanov

Con

Waiting for Pro's argument..................
Tumblrnatic

Pro

The majority of the extremist groups are islamic but allah wouldn't have wanted it. terrorism driven by "poverty" or "oppression", or American foreign policy, or Israel, or at least some sort of logical grievance that has been caused by being neglected and over the years been treated in a harsh way.
tahirimanov

Con

I wold suggest Pro to study Argumentation, and reasoning, first, and then make any claims.

"The majority of the extremist groups are islamic, ....." - do you have any statistical data on this issue, or are you just making argumentum ad ignoratiam?

"....., but allah wouldn't have wanted it," - how do yo know what Allah wants? (Appeal to ignorance, again)

"terrorism driven by 'poverty'" - nope, most terrorist organizations are rich (very rich), and members are highly educated in STEM.

I am just going to ignore future argments, reason being no argumentss were de so far.

Anyone who wants to debate this issue can contact me.

Tumblrnatic

Pro

The Qur'an tells muslims to kill and go to war to fight for Islam. This is essentially the Qur'an saying to become terrorists. "And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers." This is saying to fight for Allah. Muslims are to battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak," (Quran 4:76). Todays terrorists- ISIS have a reason for the recent beheadings- "When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment," (Quran 8:12). and "Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens . . . " (Quran 47:4).
These aren't quotes I made up, my best friends dad has a copy of the Qur'an that is written in English and he helped to pick out quotes to back up the fact that Islam does cause terrorism. For the reference he knows that I don't want to offend him
tahirimanov

Con

tahirimanov forfeited this round.
Tumblrnatic

Pro

Tumblrnatic forfeited this round.
Posted by RXR 2 years ago
RXR
Your little quote there is supposed to mean self defense. It doesn't mean to go kill every non-believer you see. The quote means to kill the people who are trying to remove you out of your home. But you distort the quote to fit your agenda.

http://www.onislam.net...

Ignorance is a bliss.
Posted by Tumblrnatic 2 years ago
Tumblrnatic
Offense taken! What the first argument? I rushed it, but have you read the latest argument?
Posted by tahirimanov 2 years ago
tahirimanov
I realized it after you posted brainless argument, no offense...
Posted by Tumblrnatic 2 years ago
Tumblrnatic
U could have cancelled it once you realised i was a small teen in the middle of nowhere
Posted by tahirimanov 2 years ago
tahirimanov
What is the logical reason of accepting debate but not presenting any arguments???...

:)

You are funny kid....
Posted by Tumblrnatic 2 years ago
Tumblrnatic
fine end the debate
Posted by Tumblrnatic 2 years ago
Tumblrnatic
that is harsh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by tahirimanov 2 years ago
tahirimanov
Who cares...
Posted by Tumblrnatic 2 years ago
Tumblrnatic
I can do that!!!! Just rushed it!
Posted by tahirimanov 2 years ago
tahirimanov
I am looking forward this topic with anyone who has brain, can make legitimate arguments, and who is going to be logically consistent.
Not 14 or 15 year old kid, who is still.........
Vote Placed by simonstuffles 2 years ago
simonstuffles
tahirimanovTumblrnaticTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct is tied because they both forfeited once. Pro generally had much better grammar. I assume the burden is split, and Pro provided several examples that the Qur'an promotes violent acts in the name of faith. No sources were used.