jmaw
otaku.miner

Does Life Have A Good Meaning For Sure.

jmaw

Con

There's no 100% right answer. Because I've been thinking on this for a while now. These are strictly opinions based off judgement personal feelings and/or reasons.

This is why i wanted to debate this one on one with you is because you are certain that humans are in the same boat that animals are in or vise-versa. If this is the case why doesn't squirrels or any other animal hunt us just like we hunt animals. Thats what i think
When im compared to something that cant make decisions besides the ones the animal knows when it is born eat, drink, sleep, and survive, it's all basic stuff, but as humans we are a sophisticated being that hunt. Survive, As all other beings do in general. But i find it interesting that you put us on such a low piece of the food chain. Not saying that they are a lesser being period.

But anyway on my opinion on if life has a meaning. I don't know. I think of it as a test or an experiment. If You think about the dinosaurs all of these types of dinosaurs that were similar in look but apart of a complete different age of the Dino. I find it interesting that all of a sudden they all died. Like something wasn't right with dinosaurs or something. But as the time went on humans were developing it was out of no where and now this, the present, it was going to suffer a meteor that will end us in 2012 but all of a sudden it stops or it doesn't come or it was going to take longer than they thought we don't know. Or is something giving us a chance or a test. If its a test we already failed because the next time we say such a prediction now noone will believe its like the Boy Who Cried Wolf

Feel free to comment back on your opinion. Don't worry if u don't.
otaku.miner

Pro

Life does have a good meaning, whether you think so or not. There must be a reason you came into this world. One of those reasons why is because, well, scientifically, your parents made you. But you came to live for a reason. Trust me, this is pretty hard to talk about cuz I'm a goth and emo. But even if you don't like your life, it will have good meaning. Okay, okay, all of us are going to die someday, yeah yeah yeah. But even so, we will live life to its fullest. We will have moments when we cry ourselves to sleep. And don't take this the wrong way, but there's somebody out there who cares. Not me, but somebody. Think about it. Your life, you will go to Harvard, have a great soul mate, and a good life even though you will have some hardships, but.....you just kill yourself? No. Live through those hardships, find a way through. And you'll find that even if your family hates you and doesn't care about you, life is worth living for a good meaning. For sure.
jmaw

Con

jmaw forfeited this round.
otaku.miner

Pro

Okay, then I shall "forfeit" to maintain a fair game.
jmaw

Con

jmaw forfeited this round.
otaku.miner

Pro

otaku.miner forfeited this round.
Posted by oldgit 2 years ago
oldgit
Not only is "life" (whatever that is) pointless but everything - every blink of an eye, every thought, every storm, every earthquake, the formation of every galaxy - is the consequence of what has gone before. Just as the flutter of a butterfly's wings in some distant land may combine with all sorts of other events to lead to some weather or other event over here, so for example each thought, each new idea etc is the consequence of the structure of our brains, the experiences that we have had including the things we have read and the way our brains process all these things. In fact the belief that we have any kind of "self" or "soul" is a delusion - all such thoughts and ideas, including the contributions to this site, are as inevitable and meaningless as everything else.