Minecrafe
Policiniella

Does Mario have ASPD?

Minecrafe has forfeited round #2.
Started: 4/13/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Minecrafe

Pro

Mario does have ASPD because of his mistreatment of Yoshi and Family (Luigi and Peach) Dates other women (Pauline and Daisy) Kills innocent animals like cheap cheap and wigglers. Tries to kill DK junior in Donkey Kong Junior.
Policiniella

Con

Mario doesn't have Antisocial Personality Disorder, this is because he is a fictional character in a fantasy world. We cannot project any real world issues into the 'Mario World'. It's almost like me saying that the ghosts from Pac-man are evil because they kill Pac-man, this argument makes little logical sense.

But for the sake of debate I'll imagine Marios world to be similar to ours.
Here are the main signs of ASPD: ( Source - NHSchoices ) (British)
For each one I'll show how Mario doesn't fit.

-exploit, manipulate or violate the rights of others

Mario's world doesn't have a set of rights. Therefore he can't exploit or violate any. Even so if 'others' means humans then Mario has never violated any othet human beings like himself.

-lack concern, regret or remorse about other people's distress

Mario goes out of his way to rescue princess peach and answer peoples distress calls, like Luigi ( In Super Mario galaxy you rescue Luigi in various places )

-behave irresponsibly and show disregard for normal social behaviour

Normal social behaviour is non-existant in the Mario world.

-have difficulty sustaining long-term relationships

Mario sustains a long term relationship with Peach. My opponent states that Mario dates multiple woman but doesn't every human do this? ( Date multiple people)

-be unable to control their anger

When was the last time you say Mario furious, he is always smiling and as far as I know rarely becomes angry

-lack guilt, or not learn from their mistakes

While playing as Mario you do learn from your mistakes. We have no evidence to show Mario feels guilt, or not.

-blame others for problems in their lives

This doesn't happen at all with Mario, if anything he would blame Bowser for disrupting his life mainly, and this is true.

-repeatedly break the law

There is no law in mario's world, he cannot break it.

-------------

Thank you for reading my side of the argument, I invite my opponent to argue for his side.
Posted by AutisticSquirrel 1 year ago
AutisticSquirrel
I must say this is got to be one of the strangest debates I have come across so far.
Posted by sboss18 1 year ago
sboss18
It'd be nice if you provided definitions in your Round 1 post.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Mario may have been mean in the past, but he's good now. He jumps on the heads of Bowser's troops because, well, they're Bowser's troops! They're evil, therefore Mario's jusified in that action. And when has Mario been mean to Peach, outside of Mario Kart and Smash Bros?