pjhat2000
evanallred123

Does Music Influence The Way You Act?

Started: 3/26/2015 Category: Music

pjhat2000

Con

Music doesn't influence the way you act. For example:if you listen to classical music while doing homework helps you think better than rap music or metal or any other genera of music you listen to. I have tried doing that and it doesn't help me at all. I do enjoy classical music, but I have found that it just doesn't work, let along help me do my homework or anything of the sort.
evanallred123

Pro

I accept my opponent's challenge and hope for a good debate!

Music has been proven to influence the way you act. According to the Positive Music Association[1], music has been proven to delay fatigue, increase muscular endurance, speed up voluntary actions, such as typing or writing, accelerate respiration, and manipulate electrical conductivity in the body. My opponent states that when he tries to study while listening to classical music, nothing special happens. However, I always study while listening to classical music, and it does help. Besides my person experience, there have been numerous studies showing that classical music helps you focus and learn. One of the most famous of these is known as the "Mozart effect". This set of studies shows that Mozart's music increases the performance of mental tasks called "spatial-spacial temporal reasoning". This is the ability to reason out abstract, long-term solutions to logical problems. Besides the Mozart effect, Baroque classical music is proven to have mind-boosting effects. Music at 60 beats-per-minute puts the brain into a "bright and breezy" state of mind. While in this state, the creative side of your mind is more visible. And it is not only classical music that helps you focus. According to UNC Charlotte, "Ambient music or sound is designed to keep your brain engaged at a lower, subconscious level. Waterfalls, rain, seashore, whatever your taste."

I have empirically proven that music does, in fact, influence the way you act. My opponent, on the other hand, has provided no evidence whatsoever, except for a personal experience. I have also provided a personal experience that directly contradicts his, and I have cited numerous studies saying that music does influence the way you act. Because of this, I see no other ballot then that of the Pro.

[1] - http://www.positivemusicassociation.com...
[2] - http://uncc49er.com...
pjhat2000

Con

pjhat2000 forfeited this round.
evanallred123

Pro

I extend my previous arguments.
pjhat2000

Con

pjhat2000 forfeited this round.
evanallred123

Pro

I extend my previous arguments.

Also let it be noted that, as my opponent has forfeited not only one, but two debate rounds, he must automatically be disqualified.
pjhat2000

Con

pjhat2000 forfeited this round.
evanallred123

Pro

I extend my previous arguments.
pjhat2000

Con

pjhat2000 forfeited this round.
evanallred123

Pro

I extend my previous arguments and thank my opponent for the *ahem* debate.