KasperKid
FREEGAZA

Does Racism go both ways? i think it does

KasperKid

KasperKid

Pro

We had seen racism for centuries, and not all from white people. this argument seems unnecessary to me, however it seems that their are a few people out their who think otherwise.
FREEGAZA

Con

The question that is needed to be asked is where did racism come from?
Just as sexism comes from males and homophobia comes from straight people. Racism initially came from whites. Not saying that all whites are racist but racism was born from whites discriminatory behavior towards blacks. It is a minority number in which people who are not of colour face discrimination as such.
KasperKid

Pro

First of all, thank you for accepting my challenge. Although the points you have brought up can be argued, that is not what this argument is about. The dictionary defines racism as "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior." Notice how it does not reference white people in anyway. Even if white people were the initial cause of racism, it does not mean that they are the only people who can be racist. Racism has been shown from different cultures have been shown many times. The once peaceful Black Lives Matter protest has escalated in some part into many people calling out for dead cops and beating up people just because of their skin color. This does not represent the whole moment, but they are things that are happening more. This is just one example from many.
FREEGAZA

Con

Your very much right on the definition of racism. I understand it is just not black people who are discriminated against. But it is black people who face the most discrimination. Although the Black Lives matter party have become slightly violent in their methods of awareness. The movement was started with good intentions of bringing awareness to the police brutality of black men. We live in a world right now, whereby discrimination against whites is close to non-existent. In fact when discussing racism in this present day and world, I find it quite ignorant for people as a defense to state in response to racism against blacks "well white people get discriminated against as well". It focuse the attention away from the real problem we have.
KasperKid

Pro

Although I agree with you that their is a problem in the USA, I am also noticing this thing called affirmative action which seems to favor the minority. Americas not perfect, (police brutality etc) but it seems to be attempting to fix that. Responding with racism towards whites just fuels the fire. America should be a place where judgement should be based on skill level and intelligence, not skin color. Racism IS two sided and should be stoped altogether.
FREEGAZA

Con

"America's attempting to fix that". I have to disagree with you on that. The minute that "America" voted Trump for presidency, is the minute America has proved that they agree with the racism. Trump is the living epitome of racism/bigotry. So for someone like that to have won the presidential election it is not merely an attempt to "fix" the racism but allow/condone and even preach it.
You said responding with racism only fuels the fire??!!
Since when did speaking up/acting out against racism become racism itself/fuel the fire. The fire was already fuelled enough by racist remarks made by WHITES. So with all due respect you cannot just throw points out there and not out argue both sides.
KasperKid

Pro

Ok, I see that you are very mad. For one, I remember Obama was recently our president, so yes I think America is getting better. I don't understand how people think Trump is a racist at all. For one, building a wall is not racist, no matter how dumb it is. Mexican is not a race, it is a nationality. Muslim is also not a race, it is a religion. I only bring these points up because they are most commonly used points to argue Trump is a racist. And I did not say that speaking out against racism is fueling the fires at all. I said that racism itself is fueling the fires. The comment you made stating that racism towards whites is next to nothing is also not true. Every single race in history has been enslaved from one point or another. Although I agree that Caucasian people have recently been the instigators, it seems that they are not the only race that can be racist. Also you have forgot the point I made on affirmative action. Thank you for debating me in a logical manner.
FREEGAZA

Con

When I say whites facing racism is close to nothing. What I mesn is that it is not impossible, as yes it has happened in the past ,however we are discussing current events of racial discrimination. So in other words in the year which we are living in, may I remind you that it is 2017, racism towards whites is cloese to non existent. When I say whites, I mean those discluding latinos. Just because Trump has not said anything racist does not mean he is NOT a racist. As it is questionable why he has not speaken out against the american systems horrific treatment of young black men. Need I remind you that statistics show in 2015 and 2016 more black men were killed by cops than cops killed whites. So Trump has enough time to make tweets about the recent arrest of black american players in China than to acknowledge the killings of black. You say caucasions have been the instigators recently, well in fact they have been the instigators for a very long time.
And the comments he made about building a wall. He dis not just say "oh I'm gonna build a wall just for the fun of building a wall". No. He specifically said he is going to build the wall to prevent drug dealer and criminals from entering the U.S. Well what do you call that? As ethnic discrimimation and racism are synonyms.Does it make it any less right?
Posted by KasperKid 7 months ago
KasperKid
Also, miss are sensitive and should not be dropped.
Posted by KasperKid 7 months ago
KasperKid
Hm? When was this?
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
@KasperKid Again, no he didn't. You did.
(Drop the mic!)
Posted by KasperKid 7 months ago
KasperKid
Once again, con has completely ignored my argument on affirmative action.
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
KasperKidFREEGAZATied
Reasons for voting decision: Same with SupaDudz!
Vote Placed by SupaDudz 7 months ago
SupaDudz
KasperKidFREEGAZATied
Reasons for voting decision: The definition does not give a win on source so therefore it's a tie. Conduct and s&g were fine. In the end affirmative action will end up costing the CON in this debate because he does point out ' I am also noticing this thing called affirmative action which seems to favor the minority." Since the CON fails to answer this, the judge has a belief that there arguments are opinion based and favor a minority which is not good conduct in the debate. In summary since a drop of CON affirmative action, all of CON's arguments are weakened because of a race bias, and since the arguments were well pointed out like, saying Trump is racist is clearly not true which CON says, my vote had to go pro. If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I will happy to answer.