Only17
Consummator

Does Rap Music have a positive or negative effect on the youth ?

Only17

Con

In my opinion, rap music has a negative effect on the youth. As a 17 year old girl who enjoys listening to music I can easily understand how a young person can interrupt the lyrics in negative way.Most rappers reference illegal activities and do it in a way which is catchy to those with weaker mind sets. Also those who are easily influenced by this horrible music often make kids who don't listen to it seem "uncool". With all this being said, I think I support my opinion in which rap music indeed has a negative influence.
Consummator

Pro

Rap is a combination is extremely complex rhyme scheming poetry and a highly technological advanced constructed beat along with a very efficiently synthesized melody all in one (I am talking of modern day rap). The effect it has on teens is to really question what they believe and who they should trust in life such as the Hopsin rap shown.

It encourages highly emotional teens to express their emotions as oppose to bottling them up in rage (as shown in the Machine Gun Kelly rap).

Raps can often be used for comedic purposes, often giving the audience a good laugh (as shown by The Lonely Island rap).

Overall rap is positive :D

Only17

Con

So it's positive to degrade women and influence the youth that smoking weed and doing drugs is okay ? I think the answer to that would be no! Most rappers that teenager actually listen to reference to guns, sex, gangs, violence, drugs, and etc. It's both the rapper and the listeners fault, but in my defense the rappers are most of the time adults and they know the age groups that listen to them. Music can be enjoyable without a reference to violence but that is something they obviously lack the intelligence to understand. Studies have also shown that those who listen to rap music are more susceptible to violence and sexual activities. They are also more likely to commit sexual assault due to the lack of respect rappers refer to as women as "bitches" and "hoes". So you tell me, would you want you child becoming a victim to the negative activity that comes along with rap music ?
Consummator

Pro

SKIP TO 2:35 ON FIRST VID FOR A FEMINIST RAP :D

"So it's positive to degrade women and influence the youth that smoking weed and doing drugs is okay?"
ABSOLUTELY NOT. Rap doesn't do this if you'd see my raps this round that I posted.

"Most rappers that teenager actually listen to reference to guns, sex, gangs, violence, drugs, and etc. It's both the rapper and the listeners fault, but in my defense the rappers are most of the time adults and they know the age groups that listen to them." Yes it actually is speaking good messages on life.

" Music can be enjoyable without a reference to violence but that is something they obviously lack the intelligence to understand." The arts, whether music or drama, is all about freedom of expression this message is clear to the youth and good for a free and liberated future generation.

"Studies have also shown that those who listen to rap music are more susceptible to violence and sexual activities." OH DEAR LORD! This is a total lie and I don't even see the studies anywhere in your post!

Only17

Con

Only17 forfeited this round.
Consummator

Pro

Consummator forfeited this round.