slave123
RatedRex

Does Slenderman exist?

slave123

Pro

I begin in the name of Allah swat the most Gracious and most Merciful, ameen

Slenderman most certainly does exist,

People have seen him, and they report it on Coast to Coast am,

https://www.youtube.com...

I think Slenderman is a Jinn in disguise,

The Quran was right about the Big Bang creating the universe (21:30)

so it must be right about Jinn too,

Slenderman is bascally a tall slender man who has no face and kidnaps children,

The Jinn are a shapeshifting race mentioned in the Quran, who are made of smokeless fire,

They usually assume the form of black dogs, black cats, and snakes,

they can assume any form except the true form of the Prophet saw, amen

the science behind Jinn is,

we can only see a small portion of the electromagnetic spectrum,

electromagnetic energy only makes up a small content of the universe,

most of the universe is made up of dark matter and dark energy,

the Quran says Jinn are made of smokeless fire,

this is probably energy,

matter and energy are interchangeable, so this is probably how Jinn shapeshift into Slenderman and others amen,

RatedRex

Con

Thank you for coming here. This will be my first debate

Okay so this argument will not be about Islam, so I will try my best to completely avoid that topic. However keep in mind that when you say "this is probably...." as one of your arguments, your argument is bad. If you do not know what something is, try not to make assumptions about what it actually is.

1) Now onto my argument. No Slenderman is not real. The concept of Slenderman originated on a paranormal pictures Photoshop contest. That's right, whoever can Photoshop a picture to make the spookiest one wins. This happened on 2008 on the Something Awful forums.
"The contest required participants to turn ordinary photographs into creepy-looking images through digital manipulation and then pass them on as authentic photographs on a number of paranormal forums." (http://knowyourmeme.com...). Not only that but in a lot of cases participants had to make fabricated witnesses to go along with their photo or story to make things more believable.
"On June 10th, SA user Victor Surge (real name Eric Knudsen) posted two black and white photographs of unnamed children with a short description of "Slender Man" as a mysterious creature who stalked children."(Something Awful " Create Paranormal Images " Victor Surge / 6/10/2009)
These photographs were posted along with two quotes " 'We didn"t want to go, we didn"t want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time"' " 1983, photographer unknown, presumed dead." AND
"One of two recovered photographs from the Stirling City Library blaze. Notable for being taken the day which fourteen children vanished and for what is referred to as 'The Slender Man'. Deformities cited as film defects by officials. Fire at library occurred one week later. Actual photograph confiscated as evidence. " 1986, photographer: Mary Thomas, missing since June 13th, 1986."

"On June 11th, 2009, Victor Surge continued to improve upon the myth by adding another picture and a fake doctor"s account." (Something Awful " Create Paranormal Images " Victor Surge / 6/11/2009)
After Slenderman's concept has been favored by most users, people joined in to contribute towards making more photos and stories.
After the myth's success, Slenderman became a very popular figure on the massive image board of 4chan. Specifically the /v/ board. In case you are not familiar with 4chan, they have been successful in spreading many hoaxes through out history. Good examples include the iWave which convinced people to microwave their iPhones and the recent Plastic Bag Challenge convincing people to put their heads in plastic bags and suffocate...
Outside of 4chan, Slender Man has caught the attention of several websites including the Unfiction Forums, Fangoria, Bungie, Facepunch, Wikibin, /x/enopedia, TVTropes, Kongregate, DeviantArt, SlenderNation, and Mythical Creatures Guide.

2) The creation of "Slender Man" may have been also inspired by an ongoing series of amateur adventure games titled "Chzo Mythos" (Wikipedia " Chzo Mythos) published by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw in 2003. In the games, one of the main vilains is called "Cabadath" and is sometimes referred to as "Tall Man." Making his first in-game appearance in Trilby"s Notes, the character was portrayed in the third installment as a tall, thin man dressed in a long, black, high-collared coat with tails that reach to the floor and having a blank face. Throughout the adventures, the Tall Man can be seen stalking and trying to kill the main character. (This is the image http://i0.kym-cdn.com...)

If we were to assume that your stance is correct, which is that Slenderman is real. Then in that case, the sightings and spread of it would not happen in 2008 on a photoshop forum. It would be largely known throughout the world.

Thank you for taking your time to read
slave123

Pro

Ok first of all I know the original slenderman was a hoax,

but have you ever heard of a tulpa?

It is when our thoughts become physically real,

the concept behind this is that the universe is an illusion created by our mind,

we see the world only because we believe in it,

but if we strongly believe in slenderman then it can become physically real just as the rest of the universe,

because this whole world is a dream, this argument goes,

but this is not my theory or argument,

my argument is that Slenderman is a Jinn,

and the Jinn were aware of what was going on that forum,

see we all have our own personal Jinn called a Qarin or devil or Satan or Shaytan

this Qarin devil whispers bad thoughts into our head,

it is highly possible that the Qarin inspired the person to make the Slenderman on his forum

this is probably how the Jinn knew about slenderman,

and then the Jinn shapeshifted into slenderman and appeared to those people on Coast to Coast am

so the real argument is do Jinn exist,

you see the Slenderman is a byproduct of the Jinn phenomenon,

so the real question I am asking is do Jinn exist,

and they do,

The Quran mentions them

The Quran was right about the Big Bang (21:30)

so it must be right about Jinn,

this is my central argument,

The Quran was right about the Big Bang, so it must be right about Jinn,

since Jinn can shapeshift into almost anything,

they can assume the form of slenderman too,

therefore slenderman exists,

so please Con answer this question first,

How did the Prophet Muhammad saw know about the Big Bang 1400 years ago?

and second of all

I pointed out that most of the universe is invisible,

now there are an infinite number of worlds in our universe and other universes,

so what does probability state,

that there must be life on those other worlds,

could there not be being on other worlds that resemble slenderman or jinn?

I would argue yes,

so although the burden of proof is on me,

the burden of proof is equally on Con,

I argue Slenderman is real based on probability,

you can't disprove slenderman exists,

He could be all around us and be invisible,

He could be a Tulpa we created,

He could be a Jinn,

although atheists like to say without evidence we can't accept the existence of something,

I say atheism is nonsensical,

just because you can't see something doesn't automatically mean it doesn't exist,

and absence of evidence is not evidence of absence,

but we have probability on our side,

there must be a world out there where slenderman or jinn exist,

so therefore slenderman exists,

tell me how do you know there is no slenderman anywhere in existence,

I on the other hand know slenderman exists because of probability,

it is way more likely that he exists in some place of existence rather then not existing at all,

anything Allah wills can exist,

the only thing that is not possible is that there is another god,

this can't be possible because then we would have a chaos and not a cosmos,

There must be only ONE GOD/Creator,

but there can be other creations,

since Allah is all powerful and can create anything He wants, ameen

and Allah is also lord of all the WORLDS/Multiverse, ameen

so this proves the Quran mentions parallel universes 1400 years ago, ameen

so how did the Quran know about parallel universes and the Big Bang?

this proves it is the word of God,

since it mentions Jinn exist, therefore they do,

and since Jinn exist, they can easily disguise themselves as Slenderman

therefore Slenderman exists, ameen
RatedRex

Con

Okay, so first off you should completely cross out either the first or second half of your argument since they completely contradict each other. If you want to argue for "tulpa" then go ahead, if you want to make it about Jinns then go ahead, but there is no point in listing both because they contradict each other.

Now another jab I would have to take at you is that you do not seem to be making any actual arguments. You simply say "I THINK slenderman is a Jinn" without listing any valid reasons. Now you are further trying to make a point about this "Coast to Coast" video. Unfortunately it is completely unreliable. This is a youtube video of a slideshow containing the original photo and a couple of deviantart photos, with subtitles and a voiceover. The other videos on this person's channel is video game clips completely unrelated. If you take the time to make another search on youtube, you can find hundreds of similar fabricated videos. Now you might think most of them are real but if these things were real events, there would be actual news reports and real footage on MULTIPLE occasions, which there are not. You may believe whatever you like, but the source you presented is not credible.

I have researched Cryptozoology in the past and it involves a lot of paranormal or unidentifiable creatures. This includes the loch ness monster, big foot and the chupacabra. It is likely that none of them are real and most of the evidence of them was fabricated, however you should be aware that those cases actually have a large number of sightings and more legitimate, higher quality footage.

Now you are asking if Jinn exist. First let us pretend that they do. Lets also pretend that Islam is correct. Nothing that is said about Jinn in the religion matches Slenderman. From what I know about them is that they are able to take form of certain animals like snakes or cats that are visible to humans. However no evidence suggests they can look like faceless 8 foot tall men with expensive formal suits. Not only that but the suggested behavior of Slenderman does not match Jinn's either. I have not heard of them being unable to move while being looked at. Slenderman stays still when he is looked at, unable to move. Transporting himself only when he is unseen. However looking at him is also what triggers his "attack".

Now you are making an argument that the Quran is right about the Big Bang. Unfortunately you are only posting the number of the verse without the actual source. You are also making an assumption and passing it off as true.
Now I will give you an advantage again. Let us pretend that it indeed was right. What you are committing is the Texas Sharpshooter Fallacy. Out of the whole big book you see one correct thing and assume everything else is correct. Remember, this is assuming your first statement is correct. That is a lot of assuming isn't it? Your central argument is rather weak, since you make a claim and quickly move on from it without backing any of it in any way.
You ask me how the Prophet knew about the Big Bang, however the burden of proof lies on you. You are making the claim that he did know about it, therefore you need to present proof of your claim. It is unnecessary for me to provide evidence for something that is not presented by me.

Next you talk about infinite number of worlds. This is moving away from the discussion, so there is no point in going in that direction. You say I can't disprove that slenderman exists. While that is true, my job is not to do that. Your job is to prove that he does, which you are not doing and I must argue against your own claims. At this point you are simply talking about probability and again making assumptions with "He could......". This again contradicts the "arguments" you have made.

I agree that just because you can't see something it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But it doesn't mean that it does either. But I never said that "Its not real because you never saw it" so I do not see a point in making this claim. The absence of evidence results in no correct answer, not evidence of absence. Therefore with the absence of evidence you are assuming an answer.

Again, this is not a debate about your religion, so please try not to preach about anything. You only make more irrelevant claims and assumptions.

Sorry for my poor formatting
Posted by TheBlueSwag 1 year ago
TheBlueSwag
im sorry. ik that you are trying to explain, (and sorry about any offence, i JUST read my comment) but slenderman is either a jinn or not real. the muslim purpose is to explain, and if u want to do that, fine. im just an insignifigcant kid, so i can only read false internet stories, but i still believe that slenderman is fake. allah would never creae such a creature. Shaytaan doesnt kill, the angel of death does, but with good reason. Allah would [especially] not create a jinn that drives people to insanity and stalks then kills them. some humans may be similar, but they are not as deplorable or 'mystical' (notice the mulitple speech marks i used) as jinns or shaytaan. my thinking is that, if it WAS real, that it is the kaaf's (or whatever its called) or shaytaan or jinns purest form, but i do not believe. islam lets you explore (otherwise we wouldnt be some of the smartest -statistically, from the earlier arabian periods- humnas, at least from before, and we wouldnt know about the fields of science or the pythagoras theorum, stole from arabs by pythagoras, or the modern numerical system), so explore, and in conclusion, believe what you want but dont go astray (ik it seems like a bunch of mumbo jumbo, but i am just a kid and please dont meanly reply. if there are any offences, i am sorry)
Posted by TheBlueSwag 1 year ago
TheBlueSwag
Posted by TheBlueSwag 1 year ago
TheBlueSwag
common sense will prevail, as slenderman is a figment of a fat artists imagination. loads of people arent afraid AS THEY KNOW HE DOESNT EXIST. those who follow a religion or believe in some sort of 'life force' can read about slender in peace, as they truly know that this creature is not a creature, and previous folklore accounts are completely ludicrous. slave123, if you were really acting like a brother, you wpuld know that there are jinns, not slender. atheist and rubbish bits of folklore are fake. it was probably just a white mouse wnt into someones dungarees, if you know the lifelong historical game of chinese whispers that changes every time an event in life happens, except ,if u take care in religion, muslim things like that suleiman was a wise humble man and leader of the saracens and that the quran is the word of allah and that no word was changed by muhammad (SAWW)
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
there are 7 heavens, the lowest heaven is outerspace, there are 6 more heavens beyond the first heaven (the physical universe) Interestingly string theory says there are 11 dimensions,

4 that make up our space time continuum,

and 6 we can't see,

that proves the Quran was right about 7 heavens or seven dimensions/realms,

and Rated Rex would you like to be Muslim or no?
Posted by RatedRex 1 year ago
RatedRex
@ricksterpr0 Thank you for your feedback
Posted by ricksterpr0 1 year ago
ricksterpr0
Both before and after the debate, I agreed with Con.

Conduct is awarded to Con as Pro tried to extend his arguments further into the comments extensively

Spelling/Grammar is tied

Con made the more convincing arguments, as a subject such as Slenderman surely did not reflect Pro's points on Islam

As for sources, both seemed credible enough and sources were not a major part of the debate so I believe it is tied there
Posted by XPMai 1 year ago
XPMai
@slave39, I believe Islam also has a belief about heavens right?

It was believed that heaven was in the sky.
Now there are aeroplanes, in fact I have sat on the aeroplane before. Oh, am I going to the heaven?

Afterwards, it was argued that heaven was higher than sky.
But it was proven to be false after scientists, specifically astronauts went to the space and found nothing except some mystery Science.
Posted by RatedRex 1 year ago
RatedRex
@slave123

The debate is over. You can stop trying to justify your views. It won't make a difference
Posted by slave123 1 year ago
slave123
and foolish atheists, there is no logic to your arguments, since you can't account for the laws of logic, so you are using logic to disprove logic, proving your arguments are contradictory,

Without God there can be no logic or laws of logic,

so God must exist,

there has to be a supernatural dimension,

so God, Jinn, and slenderman and other supernatural entities exist ameen