JohnyBoy-FFF
XDlol

Does The Christian God Exist?

JohnyBoy-FFF

Con

Hello, I'm opening this debate in order to discuss the existence of the Christain God specifically.
This is my first debate on this site and I am trying to familiarise myself with the format, so please bear with me.

Conditions:
-I will be arguing AGAINST the proposition.
-The first round is mostly for introductions however, I welcome whoever accepts this debate to lay out their beliefs and clarify their stances on whatever seems important to them if they want the first word.
- please remember this is a friendly debate, so don't take anything personally.
XDlol

Pro

May god choose the correct debater to win and forgive the atheists who turn against him. I will pray for your soul
JohnyBoy-FFF

Con

There are lots of problems with the God hypothesis. The generally accepted cannon among theists is that "he" is an omnipresent, omnibenevolent, omnipotent, and omniscient being who created the Universe at some point, by some means, over some period of time. Those last three items are a point of contention among believers, some of which claim that the Earth was created in six days, six to ten thousand years ago, some say that God used guided evolution to bring about the current variety of fauna on Earth, and there are many versions of the Christian faith that differ wildly from each other on all these issues. I would ask that in the next round, my opponent clarifies his position and the specifics of his beliefs and until then I will attack a more general view of God.

I would like to point out the problem of evil:

Premise one: God is Omniscient.

Premise two: God is Omnipotent.

Premise Three: God is Omnipresent.

Premise Four: God created Humanity.

Premise Five: Since God is Omniscient he knows everything that will happen before it does.

Premise Six: Since God is Omnipotent he could have created humanity in a way that Evil acts were never committed.

Premise Seven: Since God did not do so, he was at best complicit with every evil act that has ever occurred.

Premise Eight: Since God is Omnipresent not only was he complicit he was also watching with front row seats.

Conclusion: God can not be Omnibenevolent, therefore God's own attributes are inconsistent with each other and he can not exist as defined.

Now, I would like to avoid the strawman fallacy, so without knowing my opponents beliefs I will conclude here. I look forward to a much more in-depth discussion in the coming rounds.

---Thank You---
XDlol

Pro

XDlol forfeited this round.
JohnyBoy-FFF

Con

JohnyBoy-FFF forfeited this round.
XDlol

Pro

XDlol forfeited this round.
JohnyBoy-FFF

Con

JohnyBoy-FFF forfeited this round.
XDlol

Pro

XDlol forfeited this round.
Posted by DublinMagpie 1 year ago
DublinMagpie
i dont think there is any gods let alone a narcissistic psychopathic monster of a Christian god