ILoveSitarMusic
ProudRepublican

Does Westboro Baptist Church have the right to protest funerals.

ILoveSitarMusic

Con

Con means I do not think they have that right, and pro means my opponent disagrees. My opponent will make the first argument.
ProudRepublican

Pro

First of all, I will start by saying I do not support this church. That being said, they do have the same constitutional rights that we have. It's members are too citizens of the United States. If we are to allow freedom of speech we must allow all forms of speech whether we personally like it or not. If we were to censor this particular church and perhaps disallow their protests, there is no reason the government will not just shut you down for similar reasons.
ILoveSitarMusic

Con

Freedom of speech does not give WBC the right to violate the privac of others. These families have the right to privacy. Abuse is not a right.
ProudRepublican

Pro

ProudRepublican forfeited this round.
ILoveSitarMusic

Con

I will take that forfeit as a sign of defeat. That fact remains that grieving families have the right to privacy.
ProudRepublican

Pro

ProudRepublican forfeited this round.
ILoveSitarMusic

Con

ILoveSitarMusic forfeited this round.
ProudRepublican

Pro

ProudRepublican forfeited this round.
ILoveSitarMusic

Con

The fact remains that grieving families have the right toprivacy.
ProudRepublican

Pro

ProudRepublican forfeited this round.
Posted by ILoveSitarMusic 9 months ago
ILoveSitarMusic
They do not have the right to protest funerals. Grieving families have the right to privacy. Why are you defending WBC?
Posted by jamccartney 9 months ago
jamccartney
Of course they have the right. First of all, they are human; humans inherently have the right to free speech. Second, the first amendment gives them this right. If you want to protest what you believe, please do. I may not agree, but why does that matter? If you want to ban someone from doing something because you don't *like* them or *agree* with them, you're a fascist and you hate freedom. Hate to be so blunt, you know, but seriously.
Posted by KristaBoy 9 months ago
KristaBoy
Free sociaty media in speech are important when real life are worse. I choise computer 2001-2016 who was my latest life. 30 this year. I am Baptism or Protestant. Free speech in computer life is the 21 century then little television and little drive then wars in news and youtube.