NKJVPosttribulationist
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Does a Christian baker have the right to reufuse service to a Satanist?

NKJVPosttribulationist has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I know this is hard to believe for liberals, but Christians have the religious right to not do something they don't believe in. No I wont assist a gay wedding, marriage is between a man and a woman.
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Con

I'm debating from the point of a liberal, but that I because I think you need some practice when it comes to reasoning so, here we go. (I'm am not a liberal, and in fact support the right to refuse service)

"I know this is hard to believe for liberals, but Christians have the religious right to not do something they don't believe in. No I wont assist a gay wedding, marriage is between a man and a woman." - You've made a posit here, that they have a right to refuse service, but why? Why do they have the right to refuse service?
NKJVPosttribulationist

Pro

I don't need your help. Anywhoo, a Christian baker has the right to refuse service because freedom of religion is a right according to the First Amendment. We have the right to not do something we don't believe in. Satanists don't have the right to troll our religious rights.
Pill_Junkie_Monkey

Con

"a Christian baker has the right to refuse service because freedom of religion is a right according to the First Amendment. We have the right to not do something we don't believe in. Satanists don't have the right to troll our religious rights." - A right is something that a human being has a just claim to. Since the Bill of Rights of the United States of America was written by men, by appealing to the First Amendment, you are appealing to the opinion of another person to determine what your rights are. If the First Amendment said you had the right to rape children would you have appealed to it? Of course not, so what changed? What is the reasoning behind having the right to refuse service to another person?

Never mind the fact that saying "Its in The Bill of Rights" is a logically invalid argument as it is logically fallacious as it is an appeal to authority.
Posted by MRAAJ.evil 1 month ago
MRAAJ.evil
How will the baker determine whether his customer is satanic or not? Does the customer openly walk around in satanic clothing?. And specifically why a baker?, why not all Christians in general??