Skeletonman1999
Lee001

Does a father have as much responsibility in raising his child as the mother?

Lee001

Skeletonman1999

Pro

First round is acceptance.
Lee001

Con

Thanks for starting this debate, I accept. I look foward to hearing your argument, goodluck! :)
Skeletonman1999

Pro

I feel that a father has as much responsibility in raising his child as the mother because the both worked together to create that child. I feel a child raised with out a father is more prone to abandon their kid when the become a father. I grew up with out my father there for me and don't get me wrong, it FREAKING SUCKS! but I learned to get over that so it doesn't affect the rest of my life because I'm going to break the cycle. I don't feel my father ever wanted me or ever will want anything to do with me. I not going to include any supporting evidence, because I don't feel it's needed.
Lee001

Con

Okay I was confused over this debate. I thought the moral was if a father was single, could he (himself raise his child)
The answer for that would be no. A single father could not raise his child by him self for multiple reasons. For one main reason, there are things a dad cant teach his daughter about, that a mom could properly do so. There are somethings dad's cannot talk about with girls whilst a mom can.

Now back to the title Does a father have as much responsibility in raising his child as the mother? In a functioning situation, the answer would be neither all the time. It flexes back and forth. If they are together, then the roles tend to vary depending on who is available at the time. Basically, both are responsible to support each other's needs first and to the children second. That means, for example, that one does not sit down in front of the television while the other is cooking and getting the children ready for bed. Or, that both support the carpools necessary for activities. The one at home is responsible for discipline when it happens. If the issue is large or new, both need to discuss the issue.

Parents need to work together. There are some situations though that one parents should be home more than the other such as for finanical reasonings.

If the mom cant get a job, the dad must in order to prove a finanical income to support his family. It really depends on the situation.
Skeletonman1999

Pro

Skeletonman1999 forfeited this round.
Lee001

Con

Vote con.
Posted by Andrea39 2 years ago
Andrea39
It is unfortunate that it is more common that a child is raised by one biological parent. the dispute seemed to include which parent was more valuable. It's unfortunate that mothers and fathers both have fallen short of the literal roll models they are supposed to be for their children. We wouldn't be able to determine which was more valuable if things were as they should be. Neither son or daughter can have a well rounded healthy outlook of themselves or what the opposite sex should be without that example. There are so many reasons that kids desperately need both. Unfortunately kids are raised by one or the other. if a father finds himself alone with daughters there are usually other female family members that can provide a balance. I think men need to fight for their rights as capable and sometimes the healthier option for their kids. It takes 2 to make them and both parents have the ability to be what they need to be for them
Posted by Skeletonman1999 2 years ago
Skeletonman1999
from experience I feel that it's a two sided thing. my father left me and it sucks but I thank him because he taught me what not to do because it hurts and it almost ruined me.
Posted by Daniel_Nemes 2 years ago
Daniel_Nemes
A growing child needs a father and mother to function correctly in society.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Technically theres 46 chromosomes, 23 paired
Posted by haileyy.19 2 years ago
haileyy.19
Both parties gave 23 chromosomes to make the baby, both parties should be equally responsible.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Hm, well thats bias. You need to look into studies and facts. There are some pro's and con's of being raised by a single parent.
Posted by daisymoorcroft 2 years ago
daisymoorcroft
I disagree, there are other ways than the conventional that could be very effective in raising a daughter. I believe that if the father loves his daughter and the alternative is living in the care system or living with an uncaring mother then the best thing for the daughter would be with her Father, who could raise her very well if given the chance. I see your point but I feel like the Father could do a good job and should be given equal responsibility and equal chance to raise his child.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
What if it was a single father raising a girl? it wouldn't be the same
Posted by daisymoorcroft 2 years ago
daisymoorcroft
I would like to add the point that personally I believe that single parent can and has raised children, the gender of that parent is to me irrelevant, whether the parent of said child is male or female I believe that they should have equal responsibility and that is the way it should work - equally.
Posted by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Why thank you:)
I personally choose evidence and facts over belief and thoughts.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Skeletonman1999Lee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
Skeletonman1999Lee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeits the final round leaving Con's arguments untouched.
Vote Placed by RevNge 2 years ago
RevNge
Skeletonman1999Lee001Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con because Pro forfeited like a noob. Arguments to Con as Pro used subjective and biased arguments along with supposedly personal experiences, both of which are invalid arguments. Con didn't really post any contentions, but she used real life examples that were much more believable than Pro's arguments. Tl;Dr: FF