Does a loving, Christian God exist?

In this case, my definition of God is a singular entity who is completely good, all-powerful, and all wise.
If this God exists, then why is evil so abundant in the world? Terrible things happen throughout time, a continuous stream of events with "bad" and "good" events happening constantly. An analogy given in "The Case for Faith", a book written by Lee Strobel, brings up the argument that Peter Kreeft made, which describes the following scenario: A bear is caught in a trap, and a human attempts to help it. The human sedated the bear, and then has to further would the bear slightly to release the trap. From the bear's point of view, the human is hurting and trying to harm the bear. However, the human is actually trying to help.
Peter Kreeft made this analogy to try to explain the "evil" in the world. However, this analogy falls short when an all- powerful God replaces the human and humans replace the bear. God is all-powerful, so shouldn't God be able not only to remove the trap and heal the bear, but also stop the trap from ever existing? The existence of "evil", when it causes harm to innocents, stands as evidence contradicting the existence of this God.

If evolution is not real, why does so much evidence for it exist?

If God is completely "good", then how could he have condoned the slaughter of innocent children in the Old Testament? Or genocides? What about Noah's ark, when God killed almost every being on Earth?

Why do people go to Hell for believing the wrong thing? Just as much evidence is shown for other religions. How are humans supposed to know which choice will save them from eternal torture?

Why are people tortured in Hell if God could "redeem" them?

Many people follow different Gods and religions, and some none at all. What sets the standards for morals and ethics?

If God is always good, why does he let innocents suffer? He is all- powerful, and could erase their suffering in a heartbeat.

if god dont exist then who wrote the bible? huh? atheists-0 christians-1
Haha. I'm just kidding, I'm an atheist; I accepted this challenge by accident.

Lol I'm glad that's not actually your argument. So... How's life?

lasrmann forfeited this round.

Initial argument extended

lasrmann forfeited this round.

lasrmann forfeited this round.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
Nobody voted on an FF? That's just . . . sad
Posted by HeraldSarah 1 year ago
The other debate is up and running. It should be a real debate.
Posted by thetomcatisalsoalawyer 1 year ago
There are no gods. And if there are, then Jehovah (God) wouldn't be it. If we consider the factors of history and science, then the existence of Jehovah can't be supported. How come something exist before anything existed? How could the universe be only 6000 years old, even though it was proven to be 14 billion years old? How could the Earth have been created in 6 days, even though it is a process that takes millions of years? How can humans be made from dirt? How can a flood leave only a handful of people, even though people were, indeed, thriving on land? I'd go on, but I think y'all get the point. And if Jehovah were real and exactly how the Bible described him, then he would be anything but kind and loving. His acts and rules described in the Bible were barbaric.
Posted by HeraldSarah 1 year ago
Let me know when and I can restart the debate
Posted by DanMGTOW 1 year ago
it's too bad that the KJV of the bible has flaws, i was actually hoping that i was wrong
but so far, no one has been able to show me how i'm wrong

II Kings 8:26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah
when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.
And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
VS II Chronicles 22:2 Forty and two years old was Ahaziah
when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.
His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri. 22 vs 42, good luck

for full story it goes from 2 kings 8:15-16 to 2 kings 11:3
2chronicles21:1 to 2 chronicles 22:12
(ahaziah the son of jehoram(father) son of jehoshaphat(grandfather)
athaliah(mother) daughter of omri (grandfather)

jehoram reigned before ahaziah (32 years old +8 years reigned (age 40 when son took over))
2kings 8:15-16 and 2chronicles21:1-5)

athaliah (his mother) reigned after ahaziah (2kings 11:3, and 22:12)
followed by joash (2 kings 11:21 and 2 chronicles 24:1
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
Most likely Pro's argument will amount to "God works in mysterious ways" or "the sum total of gods good results equally cancel out the bad results."
Have fun.
Posted by Skepticalone 1 year ago
I predict if anyone does accept this debate they will not finish it.
Posted by Alpha3141 1 year ago
I suggest that people research the explanation behind the Christian definition of "evil". This debate would be easier if everyone understood terms.
Posted by mfigurski80 1 year ago
I want to accept... but I can't. I won't have internet for a week.

Can I take this Wensday?