CubsWorldSeries2k15
Le.Doctor

Does a moral right or wrong exist?

CubsWorldSeries2k15

Con

Morally being right or wrong is solely opinion based. One can say something is right while another can say it is wrong therefore there can never be a correct answer.
Le.Doctor

Pro

Thank you for letting me accept this debate, sir. I do appreciate it. I hope nothing comes between us, and this will not stop our bond.

It is true that one can say something is right while another can say it is wrong. However, as a society as have accepted certain morals, regardless of whether they are right or wrong. And it is safe to say that today's major religions have all accepted killing as a wrong thing to do, both morally, and legally. This further pushes the fact that a moral right does exist simply because of the amount of people who believe in it; which is everyone, or at least the 99.9999% of people who value society and enjoy the benefits of living in it.
CubsWorldSeries2k15

Con

CubsWorldSeries2k15 forfeited this round.
Le.Doctor

Pro

Even though my opponent forfeited the round, i would like to say something.

Saying something is "right" or "wrong", is wrong. Because no matter how you, me, or Average Joe, looks at it; something or everything could be right or wrong with it. If i were to be a mass murderer who thought that by killing off two billion people, our world would be much better, wouldn't you say that my belief is absolutely crazy. I mean when really looking at it; in my opinion i could have a great .way of thinking. but to you it is wrong. Furthermore, I would argue that a set of "good" moral principles do exist, however it is not up to me to decide if those morals are "right" or "wrong".
CubsWorldSeries2k15

Con

Le.Doctor

Pro

I do believe I have won this since none of my arguments were refuted.

Thanks
CubsWorldSeries2k15

Con

Le.Doctor

Pro

Le.Doctor forfeited this round.
CubsWorldSeries2k15

Con

Le.Doctor

Pro

I thank my opponent for having such a thoughtful debate, but i believe i have won. Thank you and until another time!