DanK
13078suraj13078

Does a soul necessarily exist?

DanK

DanK

Con

Round 1: Acceptance, opening argument Round 2: Rebuttals/advance argument/new argument Round 3:Rebuttals and refutations Round 4: Closing statements
Define terms and cite sources, serious takers only please.

Aristotle defines the soul as the cause of life and action. His reasoning behind this thought is that a body can have life or it can not, but in either case it is still a body is the common factor. Therefore, he concluded, that there must be another factor.
While his reasoning that a factor aside from having an intact body were necessary for life. There is no evidence (that I have been able to find) that a soul is necessary, let alone exists. I will argue that the concept of a soul is too vague to make sense and most likely doesn't exist. Pro will need to show reason that a soul should exist, and show that it is an essential part of the human existence. This is not a debate on ghosts, this is about the role of a soul in living creatures.
13078suraj13078

Pro

Yes a soul necessarily exists.
According to the Hindu religion each living species, animals, humans have something in common, i.e. their own soul. Soul is defined as being invisible and in every living being. It remains rooted and only frees when one dies.Every actions like moving,speaking, listening are only imitated by living ones which are actually done by souls.
DanK

Con

Pro asserts that each living species has a soul, but doesn't put forth an argument to show why this is necessary, or that it does in fact exist. Did the soul exist before the person was living, or does it come into existence with the being? How is the soul capable of causing actions in physical bodies? Of all the religions that believe in the soul as an essential part of life why are the Hindu's mentioned above the rest?
13078suraj13078

Pro

13078suraj13078 forfeited this round.
DanK

Con

Since my opponent has forfeited there is nothing to rebut.
13078suraj13078

Pro

13078suraj13078 forfeited this round.
DanK

Con

Since there was no reasoning or evidence put forth by pro I do not see any reason to believe that a soul is in any way necessary. This is not to say that pro is wrong, since a negative cannot be proved it cannot definitively be said that no soul does exist. Thank you Suraj for joining me, I apologize if the parameters of my debate made it difficult to respond in time.
13078suraj13078

Pro

13078suraj13078 forfeited this round.
Posted by DanK 2 years ago
DanK
I understand that different definitions exist, it was not my intention that my opponent use the definition given in my opening statement. If you wish to accept this debate from your given position please do.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
The bible differentiates from the soul and spirit . The biblical soul is your mind, will and emotions.Now all my opinions are biblical.The sould never dies. Like the spirit.The spirit is the real man. Death really is not a thing. Death does not enter a body and causes it to die. The man leaves it and it will fall and start to decay immediately.Just like there is no such thing as darkness. It is an absence of light. Darkness has no power.No matter how dark it gets, just let a little firefly enter and it cannot put the light out.Death is the same thing. It has no power. Life has to leave for it to have any impact at all.

Without the spirit in the body it has no life at all. It is just well put together elements of this planet.If the man through faith refuses to leave, then death has no power over the will of man.It is when a man steps outside of the protection of faith that death has a shot at him.

Now this is biblical teaching. And it is free to believe or not to believe.
Vote Placed by Tweka 2 years ago
Tweka
DanK13078suraj13078Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and Pro has not met with his resolution.