J.EWEL3000
StevieWolfe

Does being famous have negative influences/consequences?

J.EWEL3000

Pro

I think it does because look at certain famous figures, such as Lindsey Lohan, Elvis Presley ,The Beatles, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Britney Spears, and so on. Being famous destroys them. If someone was in this situation and were smart, they would take the fortune they got and go back to accomplishing certain things they couldn't have done without the money. Fame can corrupt, even the most innocent people who you would never suspect would do something BAD. After a certain amount of time living in this world of lies, then that person themself becomes a liar and gets sucked into the negative effects (drugs, not allowed to be real with others, you don't have any privacy, it can make or break the person [most of the time it breaks them], make stupid decisions with thier money, party to much, etc).

Euroniliahubpages.com

www.searchquotes.com/quotes/about/Being_Wrong
Browse Being Wrong quotes and famous quotes about Being Wrong on SearchQuotes.com.
StevieWolfe

Con

I think in certain circumstances, like in the Celebrities you listed fame can have negative effects on ones character, but I believe it also depends on the personality and character of that person.

Fame may have detrimental aspects for some, but there have been many famous people that have gone on to have thriving careers so fame inherently does not have a negative effect.

I think the negative effect fame has would depend on the level of fame that said person has, take for example Kanye West before his fame he was a humble producer, who didn't highly value his work as godsend, but as soon as he became famous he started claiming his music was the greatest Hip Hop and that he was the greatest Rap Producer in the "Game".

Also you must take into account, many of these famous people are just doing what they do because either in the case of the Biebers and Cyrus's of the world, they just want to have an edgy image, an image they didn't have when they first became popular hence all the idiotic things they have done (Peeing in a bucket, twerking at the VMA's).

In my mind Fame doesn't have an inherent detrimental effect, but depending on the severity of the fame and the character of the person it may have negative effects.

I await your response.
J.EWEL3000

Pro

Yes, you are right when you say "fame may have detrimental aspects for some", and yes it is based on ones character and personality. However, those who cannot stand the amount of fame they have, should pursue a different career, one that they love, as well as one where they are happy with their surroundings. I believe that certain celebrities like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus just do ridiculous and negative things that hurt their reputation just so they can stay famous. But that's another issue where fame is like "power" to persuade large group of people, but that's another situation where "power" is sometimes put into the wrong hands e.g immature celebrities. Not all celebrities become corrupted with their fame, but people who cannot handle it should realize it and take a break from that life. My point is that those who can't handle it and are to immature to face up to it, are those who become corrupted, because they are blind to the truth.
StevieWolfe

Con

People can be influenced by Celebrities, but not all of society is daft enough to follow everything a celebrity says, or does.
Most celebrities are immature, most of these people never had a real childhood and the ones that weren't child stars spent their childhood in acting school, instead of enjoying their childhood.

So in my mind, many celebrities are immature.

I don't really see how this debate can possibly go on for another 3 Rounds, there really isn't much to argue.
Fame in my mind isn't inherently detrimental, however depending on personality the fame may corrupt that person.

There really isn't much to retort, I don't believe fame is inherently detrimental, you do. We could extensively argue that, but I really don't see how exactly you or I could do that
J.EWEL3000

Pro

J.EWEL3000 forfeited this round.
StevieWolfe

Con

My opponent has forfeited this round, and will most likely forfeit the next round. I therefore win by default.
J.EWEL3000

Pro

J.EWEL3000 forfeited this round.
StevieWolfe

Con

StevieWolfe forfeited this round.
J.EWEL3000

Pro

J.EWEL3000 forfeited this round.
StevieWolfe

Con

StevieWolfe forfeited this round.