best_debator
Just_Live

Does common core math really need to be taught to kids. Is it really neccessary?

Just_Live has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

best_debator

Con

First of all, I want to ask a very simple ?. Do kids really use this type of math in their daily lives and when they grow up? I don't think half this "Common Core" math teaches things that are very common things you need to know when you grow up and get a job and get a house. I think schools should just teach the basics you need to know when you grow up. The thing is, is that when you overload a child's undeveloped brain with all this foreign knowledge, the things you really need to know in daily life start to fade away, making life harder. What I mean by teaching the basics is teaching tax, discount and tip, also your basic math problems: Add., Sub., Multi., Div., how to keep track of your money, how to manage your money, fractions and add. sub. multi. and div. your fractions. All those sorts of things. If the teachers think you are past this type of math you can put them at a higher level, but if it is just an average kid, I think they should teach common sense. I think that is enough said. Don't fix it if it isn't broke.
Posted by best_debator 1 year ago
best_debator
What are you waiting for, Christmas? Jesus.
Posted by best_debator 1 year ago
best_debator
Hello??? Are you still there, I will delete this if you aren't going to argue!
Posted by best_debator 1 year ago
best_debator
Are you there?
Posted by best_debator 1 year ago
best_debator
Do you accept Justlive?