shanicheema
GoogooGaga

Does confession ease the blame for misdeeds

shanicheema has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

shanicheema

Con

It doesn't. While it does decrease the guilt and makes you feel better than if you hadn't confessed. It still doesn't decrease your blame.
GoogooGaga

Pro

Confession makes the blame for misdeeds easier to pinpoint hence easing the process we call blame. :)
Posted by binkshimself 2 weeks ago
binkshimself
I'm not sure this is even a debatable topic. I don't think anyone would claim that confession reduces blame. It may reduce something else, like for instance if I cop to eating a friends dessert at lunch, my actions may receive less condemnation than had I not confessed and my friend found out. But blame itself is a fairly objective term in most contexts. If action X was committed by person A, then person A is to blame for X. Nothing can really change this reality.

By saying that the blame can be eased, you would have to assert that "blame" is a subjective term, which I don't think can be done.