YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
ashoup

Does contraception cause an abortion?

ashoup has forfeited round #4.

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Con

First round is for acceptance only.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Con

Thank you. I willexplain how contraception works. Contraception works by prventing ovulation, fertilization, p implantation. None of these are an abortion. Pregnancy begins at implantation, so there is no baby to abortion.
ashoup

Pro

In this instance I must prove that one from of contraceptive could cause an abortion.

Definitions:

Abortion:

The termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus

It is important to state that the term "termination" does not imply an actor, it can be done by an individual actor or on its own

This means the I must prove the following:

One form of contraceptive has the ability to terminate an embryo or fetus (not implying an actor)

With this being said I begin my sole contention

Contention 1: IUD's have the possibility of creating an abortion through miscarriage

http://americanpregnancy.org... (APA 2017)
"Miscarriage is a term used for a pregnancy that ends on its own, within the first 20 weeks of gestation."

Since actor is not implied we can assume that a miscarriage may be absorbed under the definition of abortion.

Vote Pro
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Con

The Americn College of Obstetricians and Gynocologists confirms that pregnancy begins at implantation so no contraception prevents a pregnancy, not aborts a baby.
ashoup

Pro

Maybe you can refute my argument next time instead of stating some BS article you found on the internet. And even if you do that, cite it. I wil this round because my original argument was never actually refuted. How about try harder next time?
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Con

I have had a change in my views. Life and pregnancy begin with fertilization, and true contraception prevents this, not to abort. I forfeit.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
It is unwanted contraception that is the number one cause of abortion. And poor education is the number one cause of unwanted contraception.
Posted by cakerman 9 months ago
cakerman
What is the topic of debate?
Posted by Geogeer 9 months ago
Geogeer
Some forms yes, some forms no.

It also depends on the definition of abortion.
Posted by Arganger 9 months ago
Arganger
It may help some, if you define contraception. Or even list what you are considering as such.