Racoongirl2
Overkill

Does eating healthy cost too much?

Racoongirl2

Con

For a research project I am writing about the cost of being healthy, my mother is the one who gave me this idea because she was the one who said it does cost too much. I want to know what other peoples opinions are.
Overkill

Pro

I suppose I will accept the challenge. Good luck to you.

With economic problems increasing in many countries, the US specifically, whose debt ranks in larger than the currency available on the Earth right now, anything that can be mass produced and purchased cheap is what many are looking for. Fresh ingredients and "all-natural" foods are harder to maintain and even more difficult to come by in the first place, and no one is willing to pay for the work it takes to make it.

"Scientists surveyed 1,123 adults in King County, Washington" to determine what was required, financially, to meet dietary needs. Getting enough potassium would add up to $380 USD "to an average adult's food bill", and adequate vitamin D would amount to $127 USD. I would also try not forgetting the convenience of fast, easy and cheap microwave dinners and fast food.

Source: http://lowfatcooking.about.com...
Racoongirl2

Con

Racoongirl2 forfeited this round.
Overkill

Pro

Without your response, I will use this time to clear up some missing information.

I inappropriately mentioned labour and high maintenance for fresh, natural foods without first supporting what maintenance and labour. Organic foods are highly perishable in small periods of time and are difficult to ship. Organic farming is also smaller in scale, too, and typically family based. This may contribute due to smaller yields.
Racoongirl2

Con

Racoongirl2 forfeited this round.
Overkill

Pro

Conclusion: Eating healthy is expensive, dependent on living conditions.
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
I definitely think eating healthy is more expensive than eating unhealthy (having tried both lifestyles), but whether eating healthy is TOO expensive or not depends on what you can afford and whether it's worth it to you to eat healthy.
Posted by Racoongirl2 4 years ago
Racoongirl2
In my paper, im say that the cost of the healthy food depend on your perception of the cost. if you look at it as pice per caloire then you will wee fattier foods as a better deal but if you look at it as serving size or by weight then the healthier foods cost much less.
Posted by ClassicRobert 4 years ago
ClassicRobert
So are you, as Con, saying that eating healthy is priced adequately?