SecularMerlin
JamesxGamesYT

Does focusing on the spelling and grammar of your opponent draw attention away from the debate.

JamesxGamesYT has forfeited round #3.

SecularMerlin

Pro

A person's level of formalized education is not the same as the sum total of that person's education. I posit to you that when we quibble about the placement of a semicolon or the spelling of a word when the message is nevertheless clear we may unintentionally be dismissing some arguments that deserve to be discussed.
JamesxGamesYT

Con

I don't believe that grammar and spelling a really as important in debates.
For starters, arguments are a lot more important than spelling and grammar. While the latter can affect the judge's decision, arguments are what makes up a good debate, and is more important than spelling and grammar in the long run.
Basically, you helped support my case. Arguing over spelling and grammar is a lot less important and a time waster in debates. Because of this, I urge you to vote Con!
SecularMerlin

Pro

I'm sorry but you do understand that you are arguing for my point not against it and that seems to offer an unsatisfying debate. You see I am for the idea that focus on literary rules actually derails a debate
JamesxGamesYT

Con

You didn't specify what I was actually arguing for, so we'll just ignore Round 1.
Moving on...
Spelling and grammar are important for a reason. Spelling and grammar (I'll call them S G from now on) can show one's education level. This is crucial as knowing one's education level can help you craft better arguments against them.
Along with that, poor S G can show that a debater doesn't understand what they're saying and help you tremendously. Definitely, pay attention to the other opponent's S G.
SecularMerlin

Pro

Observe the knowledge of others even the ignorant and foolish for they too have their stories
Posted by Leaning 7 months ago
Leaning
..... can and if stand out to me. Way to shape my own. Sarcasm.
Posted by Leaning 7 months ago
Leaning
A focus on the grammar cat take away from the debate and I don't think most people harp on it that much. I f a person is misspelling words everywhere and their sentence structure requires you to decipher it before their argument, then it's hard to take them or their arguments seriously. As a woman once said in a R rated comic "Seriously, language shapes our ideas."