Does free will exist?

SGR has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Debating Period

I believe, that there is and isn"t and I know that sounds contradictory but I will have to explain it, but first I would like my opponent to give her/his opinion on this first.

I completely believe in free will.
Posted by Samcoder1 1 month ago
It doesn't exist as many conscious decisions are made by the brain up to 10 seconds before you consciously make the decision. So for example the decision to pick something up is preceded by neural activity, showing that the mind is controlled by the brain. Consequently our decisions, being predetermined by the brain, are not of our own free will, but rather as a consequence of chemical signals that occur in advance of our decision. Neural activity causes us to make a decision, and so consequently we are slaves to our brains:
Posted by vi_spex 1 month ago
guess freely
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 month ago
Even if free will doesn't exist, i freely choose to believe that it does.
Posted by Esiar 1 month ago
It's hard to accept a debate if I don't understand your position