ZaKami
WesleyBucher1

Does god actually exist? (Serious Version)

ZaKami

Pro

Rules:
1. No Excessive Caps
2. Actually Post proof and Evidence.
3. I Want a legit discussion this time.
I will start the debate with evidence as soon as someone challenges me.

Let me Start: God does not exist.
WesleyBucher1

Con

First off, I would like to point out that your challenge inherently gives you the upper hand, as God, as claimed in the bible is a spiritual being, and thus not material. However, I shall do my best to give evidence for God. To start, I shall give you a softball. In Michael Behe's book, 'Darwin's Black Box', he illustrates a concept known as irreducibly complex. To explain, this means that it in essence could not evolved. To use an example, take the mousetrap. It has a number of parts, but it cannot work if you take one away. For instance, if you took away the spring, the hammer couldn't move and kill the mouse. If you didn't have the hold-down bar, the hammer would be useless as it would just stay on the platform. If you took away the platform, the trap wouldn't hold together, and thus it would be useless. Therefore, one could conclude that because all these parts need to be there at the same time, and couldn't have gradually formed piece by piece, but must have been designed. Now, this same principle is at work in cellular functions. For instance, the flagellum is a prime example of irreducible complexity. According to Behe, it has over thirty parts in it that all need to be there simultaneously to work. And these parts all are unique, and of no use in the cell at any other point. Thus, since evolution is "numerous, successive, slight modifications", in the words of Charles Darwin, the flagellum can not have formed by evolution. The end result of this argument, that irreducibly complex parts disprove evolution, point to a creator, since if these parts didn't evolve, there must have been a creator that made them. This is my first argument in proving, albeit in a roundabout manner, the existence of God

Darwin's Black Box
The Origin of Species
ZaKami

Pro

ZaKami forfeited this round.
WesleyBucher1

Con

WesleyBucher1 forfeited this round.
ZaKami

Pro

ZaKami forfeited this round.
WesleyBucher1

Con

WesleyBucher1 forfeited this round.
Posted by thesupporter 3 years ago
thesupporter
Need more evidence rather than god does not exist