DudeStop
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Does god exist?

DudeStop

Con

In response to this poll: http://www.debate.org...

If Pro is correct, atheists are one of these things:

1. Rebels.
2. Refusing to follow any rules.
3. Selfish and are unable to accept something heifer than themselves.
4. Enjoy confusion and therefore do not make any sense "whatsoever".

So really, because our arguments accosting to him aren't based on logic and in fact based only on our failure of logic, he should win.

Pro gets to spend both this round and the last round arguing. (Handicapping myself)

God is going to be defined as: "A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe" (From source [1])

Let's get on with it then Pro. By accepting the debate you agree to all above terms.

[1] http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

I accept this challenge, I will start off by asking you, if God doesn't exist, then how are we here? The Big Bang? Well, how did the Big Bang have the knoelege of the laws of physics? How did it create cells, and oh yeah, how did the million+ degree particle become a particle? How was it created or in other words, how did it come about? Many scientists believe that the Big Bang particle came literally out of nothing, I do not know your stance on this but I'm assuming you believe in evolution and the Big Bang, so I would like to ask for an explanation of your beliefs on the forming of the universe and evolution. Thank you for challenging me to this debate :)
DudeStop

Con

Thanks Pro. This looks like a more casual debate.

I do think evolution is plausable.

Simultaneous causation explains how the universe came to be:

LA Mitchels theory of Simultanious Causation:
Atoms a b and c, all having casual explanation, simultaniously cause each other. A causes B, B causes C, and C causes A, the idea is that the cause and effect are simultanious.
Why accept god over simultanious causation?

Here I end and wait for a new argument.

I do ask one question- How did god come to be?

RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

Thank you for asking me how God came into existence.

I would just like to say that we're talking about God here, an all powerfull God who can do things humans could not concept,

Before God created the universe, time was not of existence, so in theory, God existed forever, I know it sounds stupid, but that's the only way to explain it, God can do things humans cannot , so the things God does cant be concepted by the human mind, our neurons just call it quit when it comes to this topic

Another thing to consider is that God is God, so do you really think he needed to be created?

I cannot answer your question directly, because I can barely concept it. But I hope you got the gist of what I am trying to say.

Thank you again for challenging me to this debate.

My question for you is; If God didnt tell Moses to free the Israelites and if He didnt send the plagues, how we're the Israelites freed from slavery?
DudeStop

Con

DudeStop forfeited this round.
RebelRebelDixieDixie01

Pro

RebelRebelDixieDixie01 forfeited this round.
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
I don't sing, nor have I attempted to.
Posted by RebelRebelDixieDixie01 2 years ago
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
I'd rather not, because there is no way of proving or disproving a God, so a debate would be pointless, but I'd love to have a song debate or something like that!
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
We can redo it if you want.
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
Thanks for voting guys
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
Yeah, well I need to learn how to not take 20 debates at a time...
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
Explain your stance pitbull
Posted by Pitbull15 2 years ago
Pitbull15
This was not a really good debate, especially on Pro's part...
Posted by Skeptikitten 2 years ago
Skeptikitten
Yikes. The last round has some pretty huge assumptions. Since there is no evidence the Israelites were ever even IN Egypt, there is no need to explain how they got OUT of it. Egyptians didn't even keep slaves until Greek rule many, many centuries after the claimed events. Even rabbinical scholars admit exodus is allegorical- a myth.
RebelRebelDixieDixie01
Dtaylor, Christians do not think that God created himself.
Posted by DudeStop 2 years ago
DudeStop
Oh no, I can answer his questions in full.

No need to dodge the question and ask who designed the designer. I prefer not to use points that I myself could refute...