ashleey
gh000st

Does listening to screamo/shouting music make you do bad things?

Started: 5/24/2014 Category: Music

ashleey

Con

Is BMTH (bring me the horizon) demonic, satanic and wrong for people who are 14 to be listening to?
My mom and dad both think i should not listen to bands such as BMTH or OM&M because their lyrics are 'too sad' or 'have bad meaning and will make you want to hurt yourself or other people'
All because they heard about that guy who stabbed his teacher and happened to like the same type of music i like
Do you think listening to screamo/shouting music is a bad influence and makes people do bad things?
gh000st

Pro

Studies have shown that video games can make people more prone to acting in a violent manner. There is a difference, albeit small, however, the same core basis for this correlation is related to music.
ashleey

Con

ashleey forfeited this round.
gh000st

Pro

Screamo/shouting can influence bad behavior, but that does not mean that it will. It depends on the person.
ashleey

Con

ashleey forfeited this round.
gh000st

Pro

gh000st forfeited this round.
Posted by cali130 3 years ago
cali130
Studies show that as humans, we have built in instincts that rejects and, in all honesty fears the sound of high, harsh sounds and crying/ screaming. Its a sound of distress, and unless you WANT to feel distress, I would suggest staying away from this kind of music.
Posted by numberwang 3 years ago
numberwang
I'll debate pro on this if current Con does a bad job. Metal music does not make anyone do anything bad.

Also, I would point out that Bring me the horizon is hardcore and Of mice and men is metalcore. Neither are screamo (an offshoot of emo) and "shouting music" doesn't exist. Having screaming or growling in music doesn't make it automatically screamo.
Posted by Cold-Mind 3 years ago
Cold-Mind
Everything we hear affects the way we think. Just to make a proof in this particular situation:
You had a thought "I will listen to screamo now". If you didn't listen to it, you wouldn't have that thought.