Rafique
Moq

Does morality exist?

Moq has forfeited round #4.

Rafique

Con

I don't think morality exist,anyone who accept my open challenge?I have good arguments to use so anyone come over to debate me!I am really really itchy for an intelligent debate!
Moq

Pro

I look forward to an intelligent and civil debate.

Morality is a fairly easy to understand concept. It answers questions we as humans have about values and whether our actions are true, fair to all concerned, build goodwill and better friendships and beneficial to all concerned. Back in the day people used the biblical text to answer their questions, but since Kant and the enlightenment period rationality is a preferred method. Morality is a guide to our questions and doubts, and neither have disappeared in people. Thus I claim that morality exists as a concept to answer our nagging dissents and soothe our inner dissatisfactions.

It provides society with stability because morals which are upheld within oneself prevent negative thinking and negative actions from happening. Overall, you have to make a distinction between an individual's sense of morality and a group's sense of morality. Individuals will rather maintain that their activities are more important than others' activities. While this is healthy so as to pertain a certain standard of self-preservation, if without morality, it will descend into egoistical thinking and will perturb their community. A group is made up of many individuals and its sense of morality is strengthened if ever member pulls with a similar intention, the intention to keep a stable and positive environment.
Rafique

Con

I agree with you,morality does stabilize our society but morality is something created by emotionally driven human beings to not hurt other's feelings.See,when someone is angry,he does something stupid.How does that not line up with us,human beings?We feel.Thus our actions are not logically the best,so therefore wouldn't aliens with huge heads,like way bigger heads think way more differently?And since,we emotional beings decide what is morally right and wrong with ourselves based on our emotions,wouldn't it be considered unreliable?
Moq

Pro

I... fail to see your point. In your original statement you denied the existence of morality, but you agree with me that morality affects people and society as you wrote: "morality does stabilize our society."

Are you sure that morality was created? If you deny its existence at first, you should not even say that because then you contradict yourself. But let's go with your argumentation.

Someone who is angry only makes a mistake if they are not concentrated, focused enough. Anger alone is not sufficient, blind anger and wild rage on the other hand can be accountable for mistakes. We feel, sure, we experience emotions - but relying on them exclusively would not be expected of civilized and educated people. Since I do not know who or which group you are referring to, I can only estimate, mind you. Our actions are not always thought through and logical, as far as human beings go, I give you that. Aliens or extraterrestrial beings cannot be involved or brought into this debate since our perceived morality includes our planet earth only. Anything beyond that goes beyond logic.

As emotional beings we do not rely solely on our emotions. Going with your gut only gets you so far, but not through life completely. NOTHING has a 100& success rate, so no matter what we use, be it emotions or rationality/ logic, sometimes all fails and we have to try again.

Morality and logic, as a possible different approach to problems, do not exclude each other.

Take a look. You might read something that rings true for you here.

1: http://www.ethikseite.de...
Rafique

Con

Thank you,you changed my opinion,I lose this debate,it was a great debate and I which I could go on,but through that article,I found out there truly is a reasoning behind morality.Thank you.
Moq

Pro

You are very welcome. It was an interesting debate and point to contemplate.
Rafique

Con

Do you know that you actually debated a 14 year old?
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
I am not sure if opposits exist. I am 12`7 without shoes. That imagination does not need an opposit for it to exist, as long as I do not think its short.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
imagination has an opposite for it to exist
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
That would be an imaginary algoritm.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
everything that exist has an opposite for it to exist.. a horse is not a unicorn
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
There ones was a guy who spent years of his life, and wrote 3-400 pages to prove that 1+1 = 2. No one had been able to prove it as "an realety". I am not sure if logic realy exist.. A=a if a=A. Its logic but it is also a fantasy.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
there is no logic in fantasy canis
Posted by BackCommander 3 months ago
BackCommander
*Morality, not reality
Posted by BackCommander 3 months ago
BackCommander
Morality, as a concept exists. Is this debate about objective reality existing?
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
Does a computer work without the build in algoritm.? Can life exist if it does not follow certain algoritm ? No and no. Is morality = algoritm ? No it is our construct of imaginary algoritm.
Posted by vi_spex 3 months ago
vi_spex
guess its moral for me to stab you in the leg every day with different varing sharp hot items etc