BlandyDoes
Pluto2493

Does our education system breed hatred and separation amongst our youngsters?

BlandyDoes

Pro

Firstly I would like to say that this is my first and most likely last debate on this website. If I fail then I fail myself as I was a victim of Bullying during my years in education.

My question to the leaders would be, do you like knowing that you can create certain groups of people in life by what you teach them in the education system, along with dictating fashions within the schools and knowing what's hot and what's not for the youngsters?

Is that how you progress your one world movement, by making us rubbish at integration from a young age and then chuck it at us later on in adult life? Its like your speaking down to the children saying, "don't like that person because..." and then to the adults who still think like that "you got to grow up and get used to it, it's integration you know"...

To me it doesn't work. The school education system has failed everyone of us in the modern world order of things. I bet in the past the ancients knew of how to educate their children as and when they saw fit and I bet it was more exciting and less hostile than it is today.

Peace, Love and Respect for one another, that's what should be taught.

R B

BlandyDoes - Do you?
www.myspace.com/blandydoes
Pluto2493

Con

First I'd like to thank 'BlandyDoes' for making this debate and I ask that the voters vote on who made the better arguments, rather than your personal opinion.

With that out of the way, I will disprove my opponent's claim that our education system is breeding hatred and seperation.

But first, I'd like you to look at PRO's first speech. PRO merely asks questions to our superiors about their feelings. That does not prove the resolution. The burden of proof belongs to my opponent. PRO must prove with conclusive evidence that in fact our education system causes hatred AND seperation.

Now I will move on to my points:

1. We don't know which education system PRO is talking about. It could be the US, it could be Australia, it could be Mars. This is abusive to my side because, for instance, if I were to argue for the US system, PRO could say she was talking about Brazil's system, mooting out my entire first speech.

2. The US system has made a lot of progress to ease seperation. In the 1950's and before, there were different schools for different colored people. In the 1970's, boys and girls were seperated in certain classes. Now, all genders and colors can come together in one school. That is NOT seperation.

3. Schools do not even teach what PRO is talking about. In fact, schools are the ones trying to get the kids integrated, but the kids ignore them. It is human nature for certain people to hang around with people like them, so that's what they do. Also, I've never heard ANY teacher tell me not to like someone or even hang around them.

4. These cetain 'classes' PRO mentions is just how our country works. In case PRO didn't notice, we live in a capalist society. In order for things to operate, you must create these rules like dress, as PRO mentions. Schools also need to teach certain students that they can get ahead of everyone, or they will just be poor like all of the other kids. This is probably where PRO bases her conjecture of hatred, but the fact is that these groups are necessary.

Thank you, I await my opponent's response.
BlandyDoes

Pro

Fantastic, well put and well said, as I say this is my first experience so I hope to learn as I go along.

I would like to just say that PRO is a boy, not a girl and I am aware that on my myspace profile it says I am a girl, which for whatever reason I either forgot to change or now as I have noticed it, cannot change. :-(

I am in fact referring, as you pointed out, to my personal experience of the education system in the United Kingdom. I am just trying to gage the kind of experiences other's have had.

I agree that there has been a lot of change over history to suggest that "they" are implementing integration techniques, but my point is does the education system breed hatred and separation, I still believe that it does.

Children are being taught about different nationalities and are now in mixed sex classes, but separation on the inside still exists within the child. I believe that this hatred/separation for other children does come from the previous generations (parents), but it is also the responsibility of the school system to eradicate that feeling.

I feel that they are still failing to do such a thing. Yes integration exists and yes they are teaching children about it, but as we all know, children listen to their parents and not teachers. Teachers at the end of the day are human too and human nature as you spoke of suggests that even themselves will feel a slight discomfort when around others from different cultures.

Maybe what is needed is a rethink on how teachers and assistant teachers work with children of different nationalities and different sexes, to teach them about different cultures?

How can the school system stop such a thing happening when they rely on people who will still "give off" the air of hatred towards certain groups or favouritism to others?

If we take some of the UK newspaper articles, I feel it must be difficult at present for teachers to do their job. We live in an uneasy time when it comes to integration.

Back to my original argument then; does the education system breed hatred and separation amongst our youngsters?

My answer is still yes it does and it will continue until we start seeing more teachers of different nationalities coming into all education systems deliberately to teach about their cultures. What we have still have today is many languages being taught, but not a lot about how and where they came from. This will allow our children not to just have the standard, "they are French and they eat cheese" taught to them, but it will also give them the option of learning direct from a French teacher, what it means to be French and how their culture has evolved.

(I am just using France as an example, no offence intended)

(How did I do? lol)

Basically what I mean is that we use British teachers who are eligible to work in the UK only, teaching our children one side of the story about this certain culture and it's language.

I think maybe I lost my way in this debate but what do you think?

R B

www.myspace.com/blandydoes

Peace and Love with a pinch of Respect for everyone is how I see the world united, not by being forced to unite.
Pluto2493

Con

Oh sorry for referring to you as a female, I hope I didn't offend you.

I will go line-by-line on my opponent's arguments.

"I am in fact referring, as you pointed out, to my personal experience of the education system in the United Kingdom."

That proves abusiveness. I argued points for the United States, which is where most people on this site are from. Then PRO said UK, and my points were moot. You must vote CON on abusiveness.

"my point is does the education system breed hatred and separation, I still believe that it does."

Well, it doesn't.

"Seperate: to keep apart or divide, as by an intervening barrier or space."
http://dictionary.reference.com...

Is there seperation, as the resolution suggests? No. There is no gender, race, ethnic or anything segregation. PRO does not prove his own resolution. I have proved that schools are integrated, and hence do not seperate.

"Children are being taught about different nationalities and are now in mixed sex classes, but separation on the inside still exists within the child. I believe that this hatred/separation for other children does come from the previous generations (parents), but it is also the responsibility of the school system to eradicate that feeling."

First off, how can we be certain that seperation exists inside the student? What does that even mean? That they are racist? This is a completly unwarranted claim. There is no way we can tell what's going on inside a student's mind, and the very opposite could be going through that same mind.
Second, PRO does not explain why the school system is responisble for this. So, if I say 'it is not the responisibility of the school system,' this argument is moot.

"I feel that they are still failing to do such a thing. Yes integration exists and yes they are teaching children about it, but as we all know, children listen to their parents and not teachers."

Still, teachers are teaching this. Maybe a teacher says something about one's nationality, but they are not making racist or sexist remarks or anything. Furthermore, PRO can not claim that ALL TEACHERS are making these remarks. Maybe a few, but not all.
Second, my opponent says students listen to their parents. I laugh at the incredible irony. PRO claims THE EDUCATION SYSTEM is responsible for this. I MYSELF should be arguing this position.

"Maybe what is needed is a rethink on how teachers and assistant teachers work with children of different nationalities and different sexes, to teach them about different cultures?"

This is not the question at hand. This is a suggested solution, but we are discussing the PROBLEM.

"How can the school system stop such a thing happening when they rely on people who will still "give off" the air of hatred towards certain groups or favouritism to others?"

Again, my opponent makes a ridicolous claim, giving a remark by a certain person and making it seem like everyone does it. There is also no proof that teachers are still promoting hatred.

"If we take some of the UK newspaper articles, I feel it must be difficult at present for teachers to do their job. We live in an uneasy time when it comes to integration."

I honestly have no idea what PRO is talking about here. Sorry if I'm just stupid.

"we start seeing more teachers of different nationalities coming into all education systems deliberately to teach about their cultures."

See, again, this was never brought up in R1 or R2 until now. Furthermore, this is a SOLUTION when we are discussing if there is a PROBLEM.

"What we have still have today is many languages being taught, but not a lot about how and where they came from."

I disagree. In my personal own experiences, in my Spanish class, we learn not only the language, but about Mexico, the Maya, Puerto Rico, and various other cultures. There are also Women's history, Asian studies, World Religions, and Geography classes at my school. Clearly, there is much integration and world history in our society, as we can assume there are similar classes at other schools.

"they are French and they eat cheese"

that's not even the sterotype, haha. It is, 'they are French and eat baguettes and have berets and have toast, dressing, and fries.' Not that it's true or anything...

"Basically what I mean is that we use British teachers who are eligible to work in the UK only, teaching our children one side of the story about this certain culture and it's language."

Well, at my school, we have a Chinese person teach chinese, a German teacher teach German, and a Argentinean person teach Spanish. Soon, perhaps, there will be integration at PRO's school.

My offense- Again, I win on abusiveness. Also I win because PRO does not fufill his burden of proof. There is no clear evidence that there is hatred and seperation at ANY school, so you must negate.

I win also because I have proved that schools are integrated, and they are trying to ease racism and sexism.

PRO did not respond to point 4. Please pull that into this round, and, since no argument was presented, you must vote CON on this portion.

I thank my opponent for debating me, and I thank the voters for reading this debate.
Posted by KadieBobx 8 years ago
KadieBobx
pro will never win because pro is british and con is american.

99% of arguements on here between somone english & someone american , the american always wins because

ENGLISH people cannot vote ont his site.

america and england s views ere very different in accordance with politics society etc.

so obv the american will vote for the american .

biased stupid site.
Posted by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
yeah good debate BlandyDoes, and good luck in future ones.
Posted by BlandyDoes 9 years ago
BlandyDoes
Just a bit! But hey I will give it a go from time to time. Ill have to remember that most of the users on here are from the states too... lol
Posted by Aietius 9 years ago
Aietius
It's tough coming to debate without any experience and going up against some of the people who have been doing it for a while. =P
Posted by BlandyDoes 9 years ago
BlandyDoes
LOl He wins...

I wish I had classes like that, my classes were always just about how to speak certain languages.

Anyway Thanks again and I will do my best to come up with another debate, this time I think I will put more thought into it. It seems that I will battling verterans on here. I am only used to debating with fellow mates who have similar beliefs as me.

Thanks again, it was an eye openeer and in all honesty, I do feel we both made some good points.

Blandy

Peace x
Posted by Korezaan 9 years ago
Korezaan
I agree on some levels but on other ones I do not.
Posted by XsamacadoX 9 years ago
XsamacadoX
i agree with you completley. good luck
Vote Placed by Issa 9 years ago
Issa
BlandyDoesPluto2493Tied
Vote Placed by Aietius 9 years ago
Aietius
BlandyDoesPluto2493Tied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 9 years ago
Derek.Gunn
BlandyDoesPluto2493Tied
Vote Placed by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
BlandyDoesPluto2493Tied
Vote Placed by RainhaDoViolino 9 years ago
RainhaDoViolino
BlandyDoesPluto2493Tied