daltonslaw
KatieKat99

Does our new sexual freedom make us a better society?

daltonslaw

Pro

First round: Acceptance.
Second round: Presenting of arguments.
Third round: Refuting the adversary's arguments
Fourth round: Final case/conclusion
KatieKat99

Con

I stand in firm opposition to the resolution "our new sexual freedom makes our society better). I look forward to a great debate thank you for this challenge may the best debater win! And thanks to our voters for spending the time to read this round!
daltonslaw

Pro

Thank you for joining the debate.
First of all let us see why we have this new sexual freedom. At some point along the twentieth century people started getting a complete new sense of freedom and that they were to decide what they did with there lives and saw that they shouldn't meddle with that of others. With this idea came sexual freedom, that one's sexuality was not a matter of concern for others unless they are directly involved.
I believe that the sexual freedom is the direct cosequence of our society's newly restored respect of the other and his thoughts, personality and desires. The fact that we let people act as they will (as long as they don't hurt others or impede their freedom) and think as they will is the justification of our sexual freedom.
Now, as to why this makes us a better society I think that it makes us a more tolerant and comprehensive society, a component unexpendable for a free and just society. I believe this beacause in our sexual behaviour we act according to our instincts and it is fundamental to one's emotional well being as well as one's relations with others. In this we act according to our will, and in accordance to one's sexual partner(s)'s will. Let me also be clear that rape is not an act born of sexual freedom, it is sexual abuse and that is unexcusable.
I would also like to clarify my beleifs on two highly controversial issues: promiscuity and homosexuality.
Promiscuity is, as I believe, perfectly acceptable. Some people may argue that many acts of sexual nature may be harmful to one's social relations and other's emotions. While this is true, the only ones concerned are those who perform the act. If that same person decides to engage in sexual relations with twenty others, those twenty others are all considered individually and not as a whole for they are individuals and not one big human mass.
Homosexuality is, I believe also perfectly acceptable for the fact of being homosexual hurts absolutely no one.
I intently await your argument.
KatieKat99

Con

KatieKat99 forfeited this round.
daltonslaw

Pro

daltonslaw forfeited this round.
KatieKat99

Con

KatieKat99 forfeited this round.
daltonslaw

Pro

daltonslaw forfeited this round.
KatieKat99

Con

KatieKat99 forfeited this round.
Posted by Adam2 3 years ago
Adam2
This should be interesting lol
Posted by YYW 3 years ago
YYW
lol, obviously sexual freedom makes us better...