ArianaTong
Bremners

Does our society depend too much on technology?

Started: 10/30/2016 Category: Technology
Updated: 1 month ago Status: Post Voting Period

ArianaTong

Pro

I'm a 13 year old girl in 8th grade writing a persuasive essay on this topic and I want to see what you guys think and what are your perspectives of this topic because I don't really know how I would explain it in the essay. I need opinions. And I think we do spend too much time on the internet.
Bremners

Con

First of all, make sure you have multiple rounds, about four to five so you could create a structure.
Posted by Pigney 1 month ago
Pigney
People are replacing other people with technology, for work entertainment and more. This makes it harder for men to get jobs, it also makes people lose their ability to carry on intelligent conversation, much less write an intelligent article. Get rid of spell check, and nobody under 30 would be able to write anything.
Posted by Knaveslayer99 1 month ago
Knaveslayer99
We've always been dependent on technology every since we first created tools we've depended on them during the Medieval Era we relied on whatever tools we could use for farming, agriculture and building. We've just slowly advanced in terms of technology we went from depending on technology for farming and building and such to more or less transportation , communication and healthcare. People who say we depend to much on technology in today's era don't realize we have always depended on technology. I hope my comment helps you out.
Posted by Verithenes 1 month ago
Verithenes
Yes we do, I feel as if everybody lost all technology right now, and that includes computers, phones, cars, radios, communications technology, we would not be well equipped at all.
Posted by nastywoman 1 month ago
nastywoman
Technology isn't just the internet. Technology is defined as, "the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry." So, really, technology can apply to virtually anything. If you are specifically discussing the internet, I would consider clarifying that in the title of the debate, otherwise you're going to end up debating whether we are spending too much time, money, and energy on any sort of technology ranging from new medical equipment, safer/advanced cars, and renewable/renewable energy sources.