Mythboy64
Spiritualthinker2

Does religion support the use of the death penalty?

Mythboy64

Con

Personally, I don't know. But I don't like that there are people who think they have the right to decide when a human's life is taken, regardless of the crime. Personally, I'd just throw them in jail and let them think about what they've done for the rest of their life.
Spiritualthinker2

Pro

I'll take you up on this debate. As a Christian, I will be arguing from a biblical perspective. Personally, I think the death penalty is a good deterrent to crime. Issuing the death penalty isn't always perfect...meaning that sometimes the wrong person gets executed and this is why we should perfect out judicial methods involving the death penalty instead of outright banning it. Society is like a living breathing body and crime is a cancer within the body of society. When the body has cancer, you try to expel it from the body if you can and if that's not an option, you try to keep it at bay the best you can. All societies need a once and for all deterrent to crime just in-case lesser methods do not work. Let us keep in mind that this debate isn't about whether or not the Bible or any other holy text is correct or incorrect in the use of the death penalty. The question is does religion support the use of the death penalty and once again I'm only arguing from a Christian/Biblical perspective. I expect a good debate from both sides and hopefully this debate remains civil. May the best argument(s) win and not the more popular side.
Mythboy64

Con

Mythboy64 forfeited this round.
Spiritualthinker2

Pro

The title of this debate is really a yes or no question. I can name a few religions that support the use of the death penalty. I may just forfeit the rest of this debate since this isn't really a debatable question. I don't think every religion supports the use of the death penalty but like I said, I can name a few religions that do.
Mythboy64

Con

Mythboy64 forfeited this round.
Spiritualthinker2

Pro

I'm forfeiting this round. There's nothing to debate.
Mythboy64

Con

Mythboy64 forfeited this round.
Spiritualthinker2

Pro

Spiritualthinker2 forfeited this round.
Mythboy64

Con

Mythboy64 forfeited this round.
Spiritualthinker2

Pro

Spiritualthinker2 forfeited this round.
Posted by americanmade23 1 year ago
americanmade23
the issue with the death penalty should be about the crime committed and how the person who did that crime should be punished not about anything else. if a person commits a crime that deserves the death penalty then the death penalty he/she should get and nothing else should matter.
Posted by NNEye 1 year ago
NNEye
I can name at least 3 religions which support the death penalty.
Posted by QueenEsther 1 year ago
QueenEsther
Are you saying that religion doesn't support the death penalty? Which religion/s? What is your stance?