yukihirfa
Maliza

Does second hand smoke decrease children's quality of life?

Maliza

yukihirfa

Pro

this is for my debate assignment and i would like to hear how a person will voice his/her opinion about this topic that i would say quite hard if you are opposing it i'm actually not here to debate but, i just want to hear how people will answer if they oppose to this topic.thanks
Maliza

Con

I accept :)

Definitions:
  1. Quality of life (QOL) is the general well-being of individuals and societies. QOL has a wide range of contexts, including the fields of international development, healthcare, politics and employment. (Wikipedia)
  2. Second hand smoke: smoke inhaled involuntarily from tobacco being smoked by others.
As for my side, I don't think it necessarily decreases quality of life for the reason being that 'quality of life' depends on so many factors to be taken into account including: personal safety, belonging, financial wellbeing, health, work, social relationships, emotional wellbeing and environmental wellbeing.

Personal safety:
A parent smoking wouldn't really endanger a child's life which rules this out

Belonging:
A child can definitely have a sense of belonging with a parent smoker around them.

Financial wellbeing:
A parent can make reasonable amount of money and provide for the child and meet his/her needs while being a smoker. Likewise, a non-smoker might not be able to.

Health:
This is really the only factor that would affect the child which also depends if the parent smokes constantly around the child or whether they go out when smoking. It can cause them to develop health problems if their parents smoke around them.

Work:
Irrelevant.

Social relationships:
Second hand smokers wouldn't be affected with how they interact with others. Since they are not the ones who are actually smoking, it wouldn't affect their relationships with peers.

Emotional wellbeing:
Having a parent smoker wouldn't necessarily make the child unhappy, unless they're worried for their parent. Otherwise, there is nothing that would affect the child emotionally.

Enviornmental:
Also irrelevant.

Smokers aren't druggies who don't make money and can't provide for their children - they absoloutely can.

Source: http://thetourismobservatory.org...
(And ps. I'm not a smoker, neither do I support smokers.)
yukihirfa

Pro

yukihirfa forfeited this round.
Maliza

Con

Maliza forfeited this round.
yukihirfa

Pro

yukihirfa forfeited this round.
Maliza

Con

Didn't realise we had such short time left...anyways

Since Pro doesn't have any arguments to support his/her side I'll win :) (I know you didn't have time though sorry)

Vote Con! 😊
Posted by yukihirfa 1 year ago
yukihirfa
well i don't think there's anybody who would like to answer it in a short time.Because my assignment is to due tomorrow. I will keep this post and maybe in the future there will be somebody who will answer this and people who is in a hard time searching for answer will find this post. thanks for @MagicAintReal and @Sarra to even bother to comment in here. wish me luck for tomorrow!
Posted by yukihirfa 1 year ago
yukihirfa
@MagicAintReal is that the contra or the pro for this topic? it sounds like pro for me.i want to search for con.I'm sorry if i have confused you.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
nice, here's a good resource:
http://www.cdc.gov...
Posted by yukihirfa 1 year ago
yukihirfa
@MagicAintReal ok
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Ok, then try this for the resolution:
Just edit your debate.
Posted by yukihirfa 1 year ago
yukihirfa
@Sarra sorry it's not like that my teacher gave me the topic and i directly translate it.What i meant is smoking decrease the quality of a child (the child smokes) and i want to know the answer in contra
Posted by Sarra 1 year ago
Sarra
Do you mean 'smoking around children makes their quality of life decrease'?
Posted by yukihirfa 1 year ago
yukihirfa
@MagicAintReal somekind like that.sorry english is not my mother tongue.
Posted by MagicAintReal 1 year ago
MagicAintReal
Are you referring to quality of life?
Vote Placed by Unbelievable.Time 1 year ago
Unbelievable.Time
yukihirfaMalizaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con brings up many arguments as what we can see in his first round. They stand still throughout the debate. Too many forfeits by Pro.