NadzurahMus
TeaPartyAtheist

Does teleevision and radio shape of younger generation

Started: 8/1/2013 Category: Technology

NadzurahMus

Con

Sure it does affect young generation opinion. It is because, nowadays the television and radio are categorised as main resources to get the information. To be exact, television has so many shows that can effect the way youth thinks such as violent movies, the reality shows, the news and talk show. Young generation will thinks critically and some of them will exactly belief what the watch.
TeaPartyAtheist

Pro

Television and radio are media through which we can obtain both information and entertainment. However, they are absolutely influences on people of all ages, but, particularly, on the younger generation. For example, if someone obtains news through MSNBC or FOX News, that person would be likely to have a political bias in one direction or the other. Also, on TV shows, there are various influences, both positive and negative. Young people will be affected more only because they have lived their entire lives with television and radio.

However, the fact that people are shaped by television and radio is not a bad thing. People will also have other influences that can affect their politics and other aspects of who they are. Then, for every Jersey Shore-like influence, there are also positive influences. On How I Met Your Mother, Barney Stinson's negative influence (he is a womanizer) is contrasted by Marshall Eriksen, who has done everything right with his wife. On Survivor, there was a season called Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, which exemplifies the fact that there are influences, but that they are not all negative.
NadzurahMus

Con

NadzurahMus forfeited this round.
TeaPartyAtheist

Pro

At this point, I already have laid out my case. As my opponent forfeited Round 2, I have no points to counter. I hope that she will return so that we can finish this debate as it ought to be finished.
NadzurahMus

Con

NadzurahMus forfeited this round.
TeaPartyAtheist

Pro

TeaPartyAtheist forfeited this round.