occams.rzr
ViceRegent

Does the Abrahamic god exist? If so what proof is there?

occams.rzr

Con

I am proposing an antithesis to the other interlocutor. Once they state premises and form a conclusion, I will propose a counterargument.
ViceRegent

Pro

All of reality is proof of the existence of God. Indeed, if God does not exist, there is no such thing as proof. Simply ask yourself, how does atheist ontology and metaphysics allow for the immaterial such as analysis, thought and proof?
occams.rzr

Con

You are not being clear. Saying "all reality is proof god exists" can be used for any religion. If I were a Muslim, I could say that reality proves Allah exists and that he is the one true god. I need scientific evidence that god exists which does not include circular reasoning, which is what you just did. You cannot say the Abrahamic god exists because of reality. It does not make any sense. Your deductive reasoning is flawed, you have not given me a valid premise.
ViceRegent

Pro

I am being perfectly clear, and no it cannot, for the only religion that makes epistemological and ontological claims is Christianity.

And your ignorance of science is showing, for science deals with the material, not the immaterial. Prove with science you are not just a deterministic, bio-chemical machine? I bet you have no credentials in science. This explains why you mistakenly think science can proof anything.

But prove to use proof exists in the atheist worldview?
occams.rzr

Con

1. Ignorance of science? Science is not just about the tangible but also the intangible like philosophy, logic, and reasoning.'
2. In science, I am a bio-chemical machine. What is the problem with that? Just because I am a bio-chemical machine does not mean I am deprived.
3. The burden of proof is not on me... You do not understand how this works do you? Theism is the thesis while atheism is the antithesis. The antithesis says that "We will not believe unless you prove your thesis correct."
ViceRegent

Pro

Yes, science only deals in the material. Your ignorance is showing.

By admitting you are biochemical determinist machine, you have admitted that you do not believe in proof. Therefore, by asking for proof you are admitting God exists. You see the atheist worldview does not account for things such as reason and proof. Therefore, to ask for such is to presume the Christian worldview is true. Thus, you are presuming God exists. I win.
occams.rzr

Con

1. Science does not always deal with material, It deals with behavior, logic, reason, and philosophy.
2. How does that even correlate?

What you said:

Premise: You are biochemical. (correct)
Premise: You are asking for proof. (correct)
Premise: Atheism does not have reason or proof (incorrect, atheism is an antithesis, I do not need to come up with proof since you made the claim)
Conclusion: "God done it."

What are you even saying? Your flawed deductive reasoning is showing.
ViceRegent

Pro

No, science can only deal with the material. I bet you are not a credentialed scientist, are you?

And your straw man was funny. But if you are biochemical determinist machine, you do not think, you react to environmental stimuli in keeping with the laws of nature. Sorry too few words to educate you on determinism.

And because you are a machine, there is no proof. Proof is a feature of the Christian worldview. Therefore, by asking for it, you assume God's existence. I win.
occams.rzr

Con

occams.rzr forfeited this round.
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 11 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
Great job aconplishing nothing vice. Now answer the question you have avoided this entire time. How do you distinguish truth from fiction, vice.
Posted by ViceRegent 11 months ago
ViceRegent
I do think it is funny that a dude who has no idea how he rationally knows truth from fiction would continue to make truth claims.
Posted by ViceRegent 11 months ago
ViceRegent
Is that what you are doing? Is this true? How do you know?

But it is interesting that the mentally ill do typically turn to laughter as a defense mechanism to the humiliation of being exposed the fool.
Posted by Ron80 11 months ago
Ron80
You're a real atheist buster, go get 'm. You'll be rewarded in heaven I am sure. And keep responding to my comments so I can make some fun of you. That's about the only thing your good for on this website.
Posted by ViceRegent 11 months ago
ViceRegent
Man, I love exposing atheists as irrational, ignorant fools, proving God right about them.
Posted by Ron80 11 months ago
Ron80
You're so right Vice, enjoy your victory.
Posted by ViceRegent 11 months ago
ViceRegent
I understand why you would run away. It is a psychological defense mechanism not to assist others in exposing you as ignorant, but you have demonstrated you are irrational and ignorant nevertheless.
Posted by Ron80 11 months ago
Ron80
I don't see the point in trying to explain anything to you anymore.
Even if I convinced you or you me, how would either of us know for sure that we're right if we can't trust our senses? Let's call it a day and age to disagree.
Posted by ViceRegent 11 months ago
ViceRegent
You still have not told us how you rationally know you that your senses and valid. Until you do, we must infer you know nothing. Your atheism has left you ignorant. Only a moron would embrace such a worldview.
Posted by Ron80 11 months ago
Ron80
Vice, you actually convinced me with your sound reasoning and solid arguments! How misguided I was thinking evidence gained by using my senses and the scientific method means anything. Of course you're right, my senses and reason can't be trusted. I don't know why yet though, but so far everything you said makes perfect sense so I'll just have faith you're right about this. So what does this mean? Am I really sitting on a couch in my living room right now, because that's what my senses are telling me. Is really all God's fabrication and he is just making me feel all this as part of his plan for me? Hope you can give me some answers as my reasoning now is perfectly sound like yours.