White_Fire
Shrek_sDrecKid

Does the Bible teach complete Pacifism?

White_Fire

Con

Does the Bible teach that we should never use violence, participate in just war, or defend ourselves? I will be Con, I believe the Bible tells us that there is a righteous use of force that is not considered sin. Only Christians (e.g. Protestant ,Baptist, etc.) who will be basing their arguments off of the King James Bible (KJV) will I debate. Catholics may participate while abiding the rules above. No Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Buddhists, Muslims, or any other religion that does not believe in traditional Christian beliefs will I debate.

There will be 4 rounds,3 days to reply, a 5,000 Character max, and a two week voting period.
Thank you in advance for reading and participating.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

I accept your challenge and will debate why the Bible promotes peace - by the way, I am an atheist.
White_Fire

Con

White_Fire forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Opponent has appeared to completely forfeit this debate - I win by default.
White_Fire

Con

I thought I set the terms of this debate quite clear,I am not going to debate someone who doesn't believe in God's existence.My opponent has no business debating this topic being a an atheist.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
White_Fire

Con

White_Fire forfeited this round.
Shrek_sDrecKid

Pro

Shrek_sDrecKid forfeited this round.
Posted by BobbyPandaram 2 years ago
BobbyPandaram
at the same time, the bible does not object if you reacted in self defence/ or you were protecting someone from harm
Posted by BobbyPandaram 2 years ago
BobbyPandaram
@Nomajic - actually Christianity teaches peace. I think that while the bible tells us what our rights are legally, the bible also tells us to have the mind of CHRIST and give up our rights and choose humilty instead. DId you hear about turning the other cheek, giving your shirt if someone took your coat
Posted by White_Fire 2 years ago
White_Fire
You can check out the redo of this debate at http://www.debate.org...

See me debate on whether the Bible teaches complete Pacifism!
Posted by Shrek_sDrecKid 2 years ago
Shrek_sDrecKid
Then you should have made it impossible to accept. Now I will win this debate by default.
Posted by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
Just show one Bible verse where it promotes violence and you win.
Posted by White_Fire 2 years ago
White_Fire
I am not going to debate someone who believes God doesn't exist. Your beliefs strongly contradict traditional christian beliefs.Sorry,but I thought I set the terms of this debate clearly.
Posted by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
This should be interesting. I have no idea how Pro can argue their position. Jainism does teach pacifism. Christianity and Islam are clearly violent religions. They are only peaceful when they are under the thumb of a secular government that doesn't allow them to burn people in the town square.
Posted by That1User 2 years ago
That1User
"Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and @ss." -1 Samuel 15:3
Posted by White_Fire 2 years ago
White_Fire
I excluded these other religions because they do not believe in the same bible as traditional Christians do. Last time I debated a subject similar to this, he strongly debated off of his bible seemingly according to what the Jehovah's Witnesses believe in. The debate started to become whether Jesus is God? If you believe in traditional Christian beliefs, and are going to base your argument off of the KJV, then there isn't a problem. However I made the mistake of excluding Catholics, they can participate.
Posted by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
How on Earth could anyone think the Bible teaches or even endorses pacifism? The God in the Bible kills with enthusiasm.
Vote Placed by Valkrin 2 years ago
Valkrin
White_FireShrek_sDrecKidTied
Reasons for voting decision: OK... Conduct to Con as Pro clearly ignored it. S/G to Pro, however, as Con's were somewhat painful to look at. Apart from that nothing really else to say.