TheNextDaVinci
Normerican

Does the Big Bang Theory supply evidence that there is God

TheNextDaVinci

Con

The big bang theory does not supply evidence for there being a God, because you could say that there is something before, or created the big bang, but what was before that, or who created it? And if you say God, what was before God? Who created God? It would go into an endless cycle. supplying something that created the universe, with nothing creating it, has no difference in saying that the universe had nothing before it, or creator.

I'm up to any style of Debate.
Normerican

Pro

My opponent neglected to define anything. So we will, assume that God is the god of the Christian Bible; and that the Big Bang is what the commonly accepted theory is for it.

My opponent also neglected to define possibilities, alternatives, so I will define two possible outcomes that the Big Bang suggests:

Option A: Evidence for God

Option B: Evidence against God; Natural causes

Alright, let's Begin:

My opponent used his knowledge to describe a chronological argument with physical concept application, but ultimately put himself in a slippery slope fallacy by defining only what we know of the current, physical universe. Considering that theorists believe that time did not exist prior to the Big Bang, it would suggest that an external, physical force that does conform to our current understanding of Physics sparked the universe. Since we don't exactly know the events of the Big Bang as a definite, we can only assume:

Either A or B, or A & B.

The argument: If A or B, then A. If A, then not B. < -- This would be affirming a disjunction by supposing that just because some evidence of non-naturalistic properties suggests evidence of God, it disregards the evidence for B.

Therefore, it's impossible to suggest that it is one or the other, using our modern logical thinking.

Therefore A is B, --> A, Therefore B. There is a middle man argument here, where while it is impossible to predict if the Big Bang suggests evidence of God, it is safe to assume that it's possible that it suggests both.

That's my opening statement. I tried to make it as little semantics as possible, but if evidence suggest both God's existence and not God's existence, then it still suggests evidence of God, as God works outside the laws of physical application; and a chronological cycle of preceding God is illogical.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

My opponent has brought a forth preposition that suggests that before the Big Bang that there is an equal opportunity for there being a God, or not being a God, but how? Saying that we don't know what caused the spark to create the universe, is much more realistic then saying that it must be God. Did the Christian God ever describe anything about the Big Bang? So why should you reason it with being God? This is just looking for any evidence for God, where there is not. It doesn't say that there is no God, but it does say that there is. The Question is"Evidence" there is no, for sure evidence that there is or isn't a God.
Normerican

Pro

Normerican forfeited this round.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

My argument still stands.
Normerican

Pro

Normerican forfeited this round.
TheNextDaVinci

Con

In conclusion, my opponent has failed to supply any evidence against my argument, and in fact almost supplied agreement towards me with a preposition that suggests that before the Big Bang that there is an equal opportunity for there being a God, or not being a God, which doesn't give any evidence of there being a God, from the Big Bang Theory.
Normerican

Pro

Normerican forfeited this round.
Posted by Normerican 12 months ago
Normerican
Sorry, I was really busy.
Posted by DarkVoid18 12 months ago
DarkVoid18
The big bang, other than substantiating how the universe started, does not directly prove god.
by general default, nobody knows anything about this "creator" and if it existed in the first place. considering that many religion has it's own unique creation stories, it would be unprobable to readily assume that a specific god is indeed behind creation.

you may prove the big bang and what happened after that, but it is unwise to correlate the big bang as the result of the workings of a creator as we do not know if it is indeed responsible. even if it is, we also do not know whether existence came about directly or indirectly as a result of god.

in conclusion, i do not think we have known enough about god or if he existed to form a relevant assertion. we thus far don't know whether god is a: he, she, it, them, when, where or how. it could be anything really. perhaps the big bang is the result of something else, something we have yet to have knowledge of. i think it would be wise to keep an open mind until the unseen can be seen. a biased assertion will lead to a biased analysis.
Posted by Evidence 1 year ago
Evidence
First, what evidence of "which god"? You can go to India and see evidence of thousands of godsss.. First thing would be nice to see a definition of "God", or a god that both debaters could agree on possibly having the ability to create a universe, or at least place a quantum speck of whatever in "nothing" and have it get denser and hotter, .. and keep doing that in a point in "nothing" before space even existed, and get hotter and hotter before time existed. Now that's a trick in itself!

God bless.

"which God?"

The Only One Possible, the Infinite, Eternal Creative Mind/Spirit "I Am Who I Am".
Posted by Normerican 1 year ago
Normerican
Hey, so I see you are new here, and I accepted your debate. I would have liked to do a semantics debate for this, but you didn't define any things, so that can leave your opponent's interpretation of God, The Big Bang, etc. as valid, and you'd be fighting on your back for the rest of the debate.

Since you're new here, I will be very straightforward, and go with what I presume you believe God to be, as well as the Big Bang.