jglass841
mms21

Does the Christian God Exist?

jglass841

jglass841

Con

I am here to argue that God does not exist. I would like the Pro side to be well educated in not only the Christian Bible, but also in general science. Burden of proof is to be shared by both, but in order for Pro to win, they must prove that the Christian God exists.
Definitions:
1. God: An Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and morally perfect being, who created the universe according to the Christian Bible.
2. Evolution: The scientific theory that states that all animals derive from common ancestors, through the process of natural selection. (Note: Does NOT state that man comes from Ape)
3. Scientific theory: A well tested, generally accepted fact that explains how a process occurs.
4. Radiometric Dating: The process of chemically determining the age of a fossil, based on the amount of Isotopes contained in said fossil.

Rounds will go on the following topics:
1. Moral correctness of God.
2. Omnipresence and Omnipotence of God.
3. Rebuttals
4. Counter-Rebuttals

My opening argument is, how can a morally correct God condone stoning(As in the punishment for adultery), killing of innocents(The famous No Mercy rule of the Israelite in battle), and mass murder(The Noah Story)?
mms21

Pro

okay, well I think my God is good because, he is always here no matter what. He loves all of his children and when we need God he will stay by us through anything and bye going to reconciliation all your sins will be forgiven. that is the good thing, God will always accept an apology and the Father is strong. My faith in God is strong and always will be. God has always been my go too person. when I die I imagine being an atheist and going up to heaven and Saint Peter pointing towards the elevator to hell because I didn't pray or believe in God therefore I would have no right to be with my loved one's for eternity.
jglass841

Con

Okay, first of all, that is not even an argument. I clearly explained that I wanted someone who knew general science and the Christian bible. However, I will proceed to why the Christian god is not omnipresent or omnipotent. If a god, that is supposedly morally correct and hates sin, is omnipotent and omnipresent, why is there sin? He should be able to make a world in which sin would never originate. If he cannot do that, he is not omnipotent. If he wants to punish sin by death, why is anyone who has sinned alive? According to your own bible, For the wages of sin is death. For all hath sinned and fallen short of the glory of god. Therefore, an omnipotent and omnipresent god would not have sin, which means all humans would be separated from him. But, if this supposed god is omnipresent, how can anyone be separated from him? This is how the bible contradicts itself. It also states that god cannot be in the presence of sin. But, if he is omnipresent, he is constantly in the presence of sin, and does nothing about it. Therefore, he is neither omnipresent nor omnipotent. He also cannot be a morally correct god. Torture and witch burning was done 'In the name of god', but many of those accused were innocent. They are not given a chance to repent, and therefore, there is no morally correct, omnipresent, and omnipotent god.
mms21

Pro

mms21 forfeited this round.
jglass841

Con

jglass841 forfeited this round.
mms21

Pro

mms21 forfeited this round.
jglass841

Con

jglass841 forfeited this round.
mms21

Pro

mms21 forfeited this round.
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
jglass841
I posted the debate, you accepted to debate it. It was open to anyone.
Posted by mms21 6 months ago
mms21
because the youngest you can be is 14, also idk y
Posted by ZachZimmey 6 months ago
ZachZimmey
Why does your profile say that you are 14 if you insist that you are 13?, Your profile also used to say that you were 17, which I asked you about a number of times, just to get no answer.
Posted by mms21 6 months ago
mms21
you accepted
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
jglass841
Okay, then you shouldn't have accepted. I try to logically debate here, just like many others do.
Posted by mms21 6 months ago
mms21
can you guys please stop?! yes I am a kid, I just turned 13 on the 20th of April and you know I don't care if you trust me, but I have a life, I am not on here 24/7
Posted by jglass841 6 months ago
jglass841
Yet, she forfeited after I gave my argument. Therefore, I win.
Posted by Stonehe4rt 8 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Well it kinda deserves to be tied, Neither gave info for anything or refuted.... So *slow claps* GJ all
Posted by Stonehe4rt 8 months ago
Stonehe4rt
Posted by jglass841 8 months ago
jglass841
Please, cast votes. I would like to have a debate that is not tied.
Vote Placed by ZachZimmey 8 months ago
ZachZimmey
jglass841mms21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm a Christian, so I clearly agree with mms21, but she is a horrible debater and both have forfeited multiple times, but jglass841 will get my sympathy points.