Ariesz
Jonan4tor

Does the Christian God exist

Ariesz

Ariesz

Con

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebuttals, Round 4-Defense
I will be arguing that God does not exist, while my opponent proves otherwise.
Jonan4tor

Pro

Sure,We're friends,so why the Hell not?
Ariesz

Con

I thank my you for accepting. As you know, this is not our first debate, and I look forward to having a constructive debate. Maybe, we could do something fun after this.

Which God is right-My opponent has already made it clear that he believes in the Christian God. One of the many reasons that made me become an atheist was the reality of there being too many religions. Each religion believes that there God is the right God, and this rule also applies to Christians who believe like many others believe that there God is the right God. I want to ask my opponent these six questions?
What is the defining difference between the Christian God and other Gods?

Did the Greeks go to hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will middle easterners go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will Chinese people go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will the Japanese go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will I go to hell for believing in the wrong God?

Do you accept the fact that an all loving God would 4 billion people in Hell for believing in a different God?

Inconsistencies-In order for one to prove that there is still any relevance of the Bible in the modern world; one must have to cherry pick verses in order to do so. If my opponent is of the moderate Christian cherry pickers, than he must prove the validity of his actions.

Creation Myth: Creation states if I am correct that the world was created in six days. Creation also states that the first humans were Adam and Eve. Creation also states that Adam and Eve had paradise until they ate the tree of knowledge(because knowledge is a bad thing in religions). These elements in a story are treated as fact in the Bible. This is inconsistent with the modern knowledge that we hold today. Scientists have proved that humans immerged through a process called Evolution. Here are the facts and evidence behind evolution:
-Biological Evolution started 3.7 billion years ago. The world is in fact 3.7 billion years old. It is not 6 days old, or 6 thousand years old.
-One can find evidence of Evolution through the fossil records. These fossil records can show many fascinating things which I will leave in the work cited part of this case. One example of a fossil records is fossils showing the ape's skull gradually changing into a human. This is a remarkable example of the validity of Evolution.
-------------------------------------
The most important part to take away from this is that Creation does have any evidence. Evolution has more evidence than Creation.

Noah's Ark: Noah's Ark is another inconsistency which I do not think I need to go to in depth on. Apparently, what the Bible says is that Noah's Ark held all Animals(Male and Female) He delivered them all safely where they would be able to reproduce. He also had to have polar bears on that ark too. My opponent will have to answer these questions.
1. How did Noah acquire all those animals?
2. Isn't it highly likely that those animals would have killed each other in a natural quest for food?
3. How did Noah built that ark in his time period?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Violent Verses: The Bible carries a lot of violent verses as well. One must have to look at these verses with a human perspective, and doubt the divinity and validity of the Bible:

1. 2 Kings 2:23-24
He [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, "Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!" When he turned around and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. (NRSV)

2. Exodus 32:27-29
Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."(NIV)

3. Chronicles 25:12
The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces.(NASB)

4. Judges 12:5-6
Then the Gileadites took the fords of the Jordan against the Ephraimites. Whenever one of the fugitives of Ephraim said, "Let me go over," the men of Gilead would say to him, "Are you an Ephraimite?" When he said, "No" they said to him, "Then say Shibboleth" and he said, "Sibboleth," for he could not pronounce it right. Then they seized him and killed him at the fords of the Jordan. Forty-two thousand of the Ephraimites fell at that time. (NRSV)

5. Deuteronomy 2:32-34
Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, unto battle at Jahaz. And Jehovah our God delivered him up before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed every inhabited city, with the women and the little ones; we left none remaining. (ASV)

6. Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open. (NRSV)

7. Timothy 2:12
A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve

Concluding Statements: I believe I have proved that God indeed is inconsistent, irrational, and came from a time period that was barbaric to say the least. I am not trying to attack Christians, because many of them are good people. I am just simply pointing out the errors, inconsistencies, and overall lack of proof of God's existence.

Works Cited:
http://www.christianitydisproved.com...
http://biblehub.com...
http://www.christianitydisproved.com...
http://www.uncommondescent.com...
Jonan4tor

Pro

Jonan4tor forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Con

Extend all points.
Jonan4tor

Pro

Jonan4tor forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Con

All points extended.
Jonan4tor

Pro

Jonan4tor forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 6 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: Reigon// Mod action: NOT Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF.

[*Reason for non-removal*] Full forfeit debates are not moderated unless the voter votes for the forfeiting side.
************************************************************************
Posted by Jonan4tor 6 months ago
Jonan4tor
Thank you for voting Con since I forfeited.
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
Hey,srry bout that. Um,I got reported for something I didn't do,they took my account away,and then I had to email them,convince them and show them it wasn't me,it's a long story. But uh,yeah,you of course win. If you wanna re-challenge me you can do that,but I would not recommend it. Also guys,check out my other debate,and vote for me.

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Ariesz 7 months ago
Ariesz
Challenge me to a debate @GOD-IS-REAL
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
Srry
Posted by 21MolonLabe 7 months ago
21MolonLabe
I was about to accept this, but then I noticed someone else already had. I am always offline when debates that I am interested in pop up.
Vote Placed by Reigon 6 months ago
Reigon
ArieszJonan4torTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF.
Vote Placed by thebestdebate 6 months ago
thebestdebate
ArieszJonan4torTied
Reasons for voting decision: Well there was no response from Pro so conduct goes to Con.
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 6 months ago
SirMaximus
ArieszJonan4torTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited 3 of the 4 rounds, but Con forfeited no rounds. Therefore, Con wins for conduct.