BossAtheism
ProConIK

Does the God of the bible exist?

BossAtheism

BossAtheism

Con

Simply put, The opponent who is Pro. Saying the God of the Bible "Yahweh", exists. Must Present credible evidence for said existence. Feel free to be more specific about your Christian beliefs. With 41,000 denominations, I have no idea which one you are unless you tell me.
ProConIK

Pro

Nobody will ever know, I go to church every Sunday. My church teacher say "We don't know for sure, but we would like to believe so, if we know for sure that there's a god. What are we believing in? if we know he's there then we won't have faith. We all have to have faith that God is real." God will exist if you want him too. You have to have faith.
BossAtheism

Con

Faith is the excuse people give when they don't have evidence.
If you had evidence you wouldn't appeal to Faith.
Just because we want things to exist doesn't make it so they do.

What about the Muslims who have faith that Allah Exists?
What about the Hindus who have faith that Krishna Exist?

Things don't appear in reality because we want them too.

If your claim was true then reality would be contradictory. Multiple Deity's would exist and they would contradict each other.

The Appeal to faith is a lacking argument.
ProConIK

Pro

ProConIK forfeited this round.
BossAtheism

Con

My opponent has forfeited his round. I firmly hold my position that the belief in Yahweh, the God of the Bible is an irrational position to hold due to the lack of credible evidence. The previous round is evidence to that statement. I encourage my opponent to present any other evidence he/she has.
ProConIK

Pro

Okay...You are taking this way too seriously. Why does it matter if he exists or not? In 100 years no one is gonna know if you existed. Nobodys gonna be arguing over it. If people believe he did then let them, if they don't then they don't.
BossAtheism

Con

Why does it matter if God exists or not?
How many more planes have to crash into buildings killing thousands of people before we find out if their beliefs are true?
How many gays will be denied the right to marriage until we can talk about if the Christians who protest it have a true god?
How many parents will we let have their kids die from an easy treatable ailment while they pray for the kids recovery until we can talk about if their beliefs are true?

No once again your claims are incorrect. In 100 years people will know I existed.
First my children would have known of my existence.
Second, Pictures of me are available on the World Wide Web and in real life as-well.
Third, The government has my birth records and social security numbers.
Fourth, Many acquaintances have seen me, talked to me and learned about me. Many teachers professors parents and young children have had large impacts in their life from me.
I mean are you seriously arguing people wont know i exist in 100 years? Seriously???
ProConIK

Pro

ProConIK forfeited this round.
BossAtheism

Con

My closing statement is my opponent provided no credible evidence of Yahweh's existence. I do very much appreciate the "discussion", even if it was one sided. Cheers.
ProConIK

Pro

Ya..it wasn't a very interesting um "Argument"....All I am going to say is that this argument couldn't be answered with a yes or no. Does he exist? Its an opinion. My is yes. But you can"t tell me he doesn't. Its freedom of speech.

I honestly think you don't have enough information to tell me he doesn't exist. Nobody ever will.

Oh and for the record..no one will be looking up any of your information. If we have it or not.
Posted by BossAtheism 1 year ago
BossAtheism
Daniel, To clarify my position. I expect my opponent to present credible evidence that shows belief in the God of the Bible Yahweh is a rational position to hold. I did not expect the opposition to with out a shadow of doubt prove the existence of a god.

And the fact that he believes in something that is not possible to fully demonstrate is not my problem. Its his. Because it cant be demonstrated is one of the reasons i don't believe it.
Posted by Daniel_Nemes 1 year ago
Daniel_Nemes
Ha ha! This debate is pointless! It is impossible to prove the existence of an invisible, silent, intangible, deity. How exactly do you expect your opponent to adhere to your requests when it is impossible to do so?
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
you have to imagine it.. and after you are dead comes all the rewards... lol
Posted by Asburnu 1 year ago
Asburnu
This is also a requirement for belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster http://en.wikipedia.org..., who is just as valid logically, yet millions have not been murdered in it's name.
Posted by Domr 1 year ago
Domr
This topic goes against the entire structure of the Christian Religions and God. "It is by faith you are saved..." (Ephesians 2:8)

Therefore, if God were to be proven, the purpose of practicing the Christian Religion is obsolete. As faith loosely means: To believe without definitive proof. If we 100% prove God is real, then we don't have faith, we just know.

This debate topic is overdone on here as well
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
BossAtheismProConIKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by Skepticalone 1 year ago
Skepticalone
BossAtheismProConIKTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for forfeit.