edin
alex1094

Does the Islam teaches the terror and violence?

alex1094

edin

Con

Hello :) Here is one topic I'd like to see debating. I'm not here to prove is Islam real or fake etc, I'm here to debate does the Islam teaches us to be violent and to terrorise others.

Round 1: Accept
Round 2: Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttal
Round 4: Rebuttal on the rebuttal
Round 5: Summary of arguments and rebuttals

PS: Due to some questions, I'm arguing that Islam is peaceful religion!
alex1094

Pro

I accept...
edin

Con

edin forfeited this round.
alex1094

Pro

Well it seems my opponent has forfieted this round... Hopefully it won't become a trend. I think conduct should go to me because of this.

A Short List Of Koranic Quotes Which Encourage Violence/Terror:

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Encouraging Muslims to commit violence towards infidels by beheading them...

Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they (too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Instructing Muslims to make your enemy feel pain if he causes you to suffer pain, this is not a statement about self-defence but one about vigilante vengeance...

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-"

Making a virtue out of those who fight for Allah's causes and criticising peaceful Muslims who don't participate.

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement."

Prescribing murder, crucifixion or horrific amputation as punishments for those who “strive to make mischief in the land.” What crime this could actually be applied to is extremely subjective, who can say what mischief really means? Abominable laws such as those of Saudi Arabia get their justification from passages such as this. If this passage doesn't encourage violence then I don't know what does...

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

There is no confusing this with self-defence or even an act of revenge. Here Muslims are commanded to tactically slay those who worship differently, only allowing them to live if they convert to Islam.
edin

Con

edin forfeited this round.
alex1094

Pro

Forfiet again....

Extend all arguments I suppose...
edin

Con

edin forfeited this round.
alex1094

Pro

Extend...
edin

Con

edin forfeited this round.
alex1094

Pro

Massive shame that this debate turned out the way it did...

Obvious vote for Pro here as Con forfieted every round...

VOTE PRO
Posted by jakeG 4 years ago
jakeG
The Instigator did have a better argument
Posted by jakeG 4 years ago
jakeG
The Instigator did have better conduct
Posted by edin 4 years ago
edin
i'll debate u, lol, not yet...but keep it in mind...also if u have similar topics, ur most welcomed to propose :) Regards :D
Posted by Jacob_Apologist 4 years ago
Jacob_Apologist
I missed acceptance from 4 mins. :) If some other muslim wants to debate on such topic- contact me
Posted by alex1094 4 years ago
alex1094
He's arguing that it's peaceful...
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Wait, are you arguing that Islam is peaceful, or that it is violent?
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Posted by alex1094 4 years ago
alex1094
Change the arguing time to 72 hours and I'll take this...
Posted by alex1094 4 years ago
alex1094
Posted by alex1094 4 years ago
alex1094
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
edinalex1094Tied
Reasons for voting decision: