Tminusfour20
spitfire1212wade

Does the world make sense without applying God?

Tminusfour20

Tminusfour20

Pro

I'm convinced that the world has no necessary implication of God. We understand the world around us very well and we also, for the most part apply our own views, morality and conscience to make decisions and live perfectly find day by day. Questions about his existence aside, what aspect of life doesn't make sense without God for the average non-religious person living in the U.S.?
spitfire1212wade

Con

Why would the world exist if there was no god, was it just spontaneously made from nothing? How can the world make any sense at all without applying God?
Tminusfour20

Pro

There is scientific evidence that is approved and published by Universities across the world that tell the story of how earth and life on it came to be.

Anyone in indigenous regions of the world where Christianity and other popular religions haven't been able to reach can tell you that they live fine without implying God and if a god in those regions is applied, it is nowhere near the definition of the God from the Abrahamic religions. I don't need god to know right from wrong or to live a happy fulfilling life. I can be a good and productive person without God.

http://www.britannica.com...

http://abyss.uoregon.edu...
spitfire1212wade

Con

But why are things wrong if there is no god? What says that wrong is wrong and right is right other than some schoolteacher from kindergarten? Why is the law the law? You cannot answer these questions without god!
Tminusfour20

Pro

I've understand you've been taught yo believe that but saying it doesn't make it true. I can deduct that I don't like to be punched in the face. I can deduct that others don't like being punched in the face, especially when I do it. As a society we can all get together and say no punching faces because as a society, we don't like it, we don't benefit from it and as a society we have deamed it wrong through experience and common sense. That doesn't require god or anything else besides people with common sense who strive for a better society. Why would god make rules for us and not follow them himself?
spitfire1212wade

Con

If there was no god, then why are we here? Were we just a cosmic accident? What happens when you die? Are you just gone, like you never existed? God has the answer. No human does. How did something come from nothing? THAT is illogical. God is more logical than no god!
Posted by Andrea39 2 years ago
Andrea39
Clearly the instigator is winning this but a landslide. I disagree with the instigator but the person debating for my beliefs is unqualified:( relax and let your God answer through you instead of freaking out and using "just because!!!" As an argument:(((( the point is to create doubt and questions. Not to confirm that were unsubstantiated sheep!!
Posted by Tminusfour20 2 years ago
Tminusfour20
Just to answer the last questions you asked me. I never argued that something came from nothing nor by accident. The elements created in the big bang and in the belly of stars is what we came from and the natural selection that drove evolution is what created everything around us. The same thing happens to us when we die as what happens to a pet dog when they die, we are just dead. You have no way of confirming an after life especially not the one that is exactly in the bible. I don't have all the answers and neither does science. but science does a better job of describing our origins than A God who makes men out of dust, creates plants before the sun and creates women out of ribs. Unless of course that makes more logical sense to you. I just don't find it logical at all.
Posted by Tminusfour20 2 years ago
Tminusfour20
Correct I don't regard the bible as an authority in my life and I have no reason to. I understand rules are in the best interest of the society the rules are built around but as far as God goes I don't believe in an afterlife and the concept of hell and the concept of heaven do not make sense by definition to me. All I know for certain is the now and that is the only thing I can guarantee and prove to exist.
Posted by TimothyLight 2 years ago
TimothyLight
I am a Christian, and the bible explains what needs to be done, and what doesn't need to be done. From my point of view you are saying you don't follow the bible? Rules were made for a reason. If you disobey god's word, than nobody can assure you of a good afterlife.
Vote Placed by Lee001 2 years ago
Lee001
Tminusfour20spitfire1212wadeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con really didn't debate anything, other than stating his facts over and over. Pro made a good effort of making a new argument and arguing against con's points. S&G tied. Pro used sources. Good job!
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 2 years ago
Leo.Messi
Tminusfour20spitfire1212wadeTied
Reasons for voting decision: sources to pro. (he was the only one to cite sources)
Vote Placed by Paleophyte 2 years ago
Paleophyte
Tminusfour20spitfire1212wadeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were weak but all of Con's are actually questions, many of which are unrelated and unsupported by one another.