PepperButler
judeifeanyi

Does the world revolve around money?

Started: 3/4/2014 Category: Economics

PepperButler

Pro

This question is simple to answer. Man is known for greed. And one way to satisfy greed is with valueables and (You guessed it) money. Money itself and valueables is what has drove man to prosper in science and medicine. Without greed, there would be no maffias or gangs. Without greed, man would essentialy be angle's. (Note, I am horrible with starting statements so bare with me on this).
judeifeanyi

Con

I accept the challenge
PepperButler

Pro

I already put up my opening statement so go.
judeifeanyi

Con

DEFINITION: 1.MONEY:mon""ey - /"0"4m"0"5n""/
noun
1. a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively. REVOLVE:to move in a circular or curving course or orbit:dictionary.reference.com/../revolve
my premise is this: It does not. Money is energy, just as is water. The world doesn't revolve around water anymore than it does money. Both are required to sustain life, but neither are required to be the focal point of ones life.
Live life loving.
My opponent said,man is known for greed and one way to satisfy greed is by valuables. But that is based on the definition of greed. GREED:Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity or covetousness, is the inordinate desire to possess wealth, ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greed..my opponent gave a faulty premise without fact. That men are greed. If you say that men are greed it means you are saying that everybody is greedy including you. I beg to disagree with my opponent when he said: '. Money itself and valueables is what has drove man to prosper in science and medicine' because in the olden days, even farmers will have to mix leaves from different tree to make drugs. Now it is not money that made scientist to progress rather it is their knowledge that made them to progress not even money. And my opponent equally said: . Without greed, there would be no maffias or gangs. Without greed, man would essentialy be angle's'. my opponent don't even know the reason why gangs do exist. Some of the members of the gangs that revolve the world today, are unemployed youths, the poor people in the society who cannot feed themselves. And the government is not doing anything to help curb the menace of this problem. Take for instance, In Nigeria, they have 77.7unemployment rate, statistical data. Tell me, what will the youths in this particular state do if not join gang? Since the government is not doing anything like welfare?
Note: am not saying that money is not essential, what am saying is that currently, the world does not revolve in money. And also, my opponent's opening speech,he contradicted himself, giving faulty premise without facts
PepperButler

Pro

PepperButler forfeited this round.
judeifeanyi

Con

I await my opponents return...but I still maintain that the world does not revolve around money. My next line of argument, I will clarify by giving more arguments
PepperButler

Pro

PepperButler forfeited this round.
judeifeanyi

Con

My opponent seems not to be serious. Or maybe he gave up...thats not withstanding, the world does not revolve around money
PepperButler

Pro

PepperButler forfeited this round.
judeifeanyi

Con

Its not my fault though. I think am the winner since my opponent forfeited almost all the rounds
Posted by Taylur 3 years ago
Taylur
I can imagine Con's argument consisting of a diagram of the solar system.