Mirajane
PowerPikachu21

Does video games reveals a person's true character?

Mirajane has forfeited round #2.
Started: 6/4/2017 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Mirajane

Con

Well, in my opinion no, and here is why.
Everyone has many sides of behavior, right?, we dont behave the same way as when we are happy than when we are mad.
Most games makes us really mad, so I think its not your true character, its just a way on how you behave when you"re mad.
How we behave when we are huffy doenst mean that is our true selves, we usually dont think what we do when we feel like that and that doesnt mean is our true me.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

Video games can show a person's true self. Some games, like the Sims, make you the overlord of your world. This genre, called God genre, show what kind of ruler you are. You have the option to be a kind ruler, or maybe even evil.

There are other games that show your morality. Undertale is a fantastic example. You get dropped into a "new" world (quotations because it's been out for more than a year), and after tutorials you have to choice to kill or not. At the end, you get judged on how many you have killed.

Personality? I believe some free roamer games can show you what your priorities are. Do you hunt monsters? Do you explore? Explore and murder? Sandbox games allow for many more oppritunities of creativity, and usually there's mods (modifications) which you can download for even more stuff.

In conclusion, some games can show how good or evil you are, some games show what you would do if you're in charge of everything.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
It's even more of a stalemate now that the debate's frozen. (Or if you want to interpret it as a forfeiture, then I win.)
Posted by MotleyBear 1 year ago
MotleyBear
It depends on the game. This debate is a total stalemate.