Rachelle1625
PowerPikachu21

Doesn't Every Religion Almost Believe In One Person

Rachelle1625

Pro

Every religion it seems like believes in one person or thing. I am only talking about polytheistic. Buddhism = one person Christianity- one person other religions= one person

This is not meant to offend anyone. SO please don't take that way :)
PowerPikachu21

Con

I see that Pro's new to this site, so I'll go easy on him. By "person", I believe Pro means "god".

I believe I'll save my arguments for round 2. Let's hear Pro's side first, shall we? I'm curious how Pro came to this resolution. Also, is there any limit on the religions we're debating? Are we allowed to bring up any religion, or is it limited to just American religions?
Rachelle1625

Pro

I am talking about all religions. Not just American religions.
PowerPikachu21

Con

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

The resolution is "Every religion has 1 god". This is false, as Greece has Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Hades, Aphrodite, and Apollo in their religion. If Pro would like to refute my claim, please do so.
Rachelle1625

Pro

To be very honest, who in the United States believes in Zeus and gods such as them. Many people are leaning more to the monotheistic side on religions. I mean it is not bad or right to believe in more than one God but sometimes it just seems to always hear in World History how Ancient Greeks had believed in many gods and comparing it to the modern day world is just very different. Don't you agree?
PowerPikachu21

Con

This is the final round, so I might step it up a notch.

Rebuttal:

"To be very honest, who in the United States believes in Zeus and gods such as them." We are not the Greeks, but that does not mean Greek Mythology isn't a thing.

"Many people are leaning more to the monotheistic side on religions." This could've been backed up, but Pro didn't do so.

"Ancient Greeks had believed in many gods and comparing it to the modern day world is just very different." Pro didn't show that Greece religion still isn't a thing. I still assert Greek Mythos has multiple gods in their religion.

And with that, choose who you think won.
Posted by Lager 1 year ago
Lager
The contender has already won the debate.The instigators premise is that every religion has 1 god. The contender already pointed out that Greeks had multiple god, thus rendering the Instigators entire premise wrong.
Posted by Peepette 1 year ago
Peepette
Monotheism-belief in a single god.
Polytheism-belief in multiple gods
Posted by Ssosme 1 year ago
Ssosme
Your debate makes no sense, what are you wanting to debate about?