Annacat
In_Human_Form

Dog Fighting

Started: 9/24/2015 Category: News

Annacat

Con

Dog fighting is a disgusting act where people throw dogs, usually pit bulls and other muscular dogs, into a pit where they are forced to fight to death or near death. The dogs are abused, starved and even killed. Also other crimes are involved in dog fighting like, drugs, illegal gambling, alcohol and even murder. Some children are even exposed to this!! This is a torturous "sport" and I don't see how anyone could do this to a living creature.
In_Human_Form

Pro

Their is no problem with fighting dogs. It's entertainment and who cares if the dogs get killed? It's not like they actually matter to anyone.
Annacat

Con

My opponent argues that dogs don't matter.

Dogs play a huge role in society, they do police work such as sniffing out bombs, finding/rescuing humans, and finding criminals. They mean a lot to people and some say that their dog is family. Dog fighting in no way is entertainment, how can people just stand there and watch starved and abused dogs just fight their own kind to the death?

Overall, dogs play a huge role in society. They matter a lot to people and, in no way, is dog fighting entertainment
In_Human_Form

Pro

In_Human_Form forfeited this round.
Annacat

Con

My opponent has obviously realized that they cannot find an argument for why dog fighting is ok. Once again, it is a dangerous, cruel and terrible act.
In_Human_Form

Pro

I apologize for the forfeited round, was busy this week. Anyways we can easily replace the dogs with other animals like pigs or tamed wolves. Everything you sad, a domesticated wolf or pig can do. Also, dog fighting is entertaining to many people and is fun to watch in some cases. It is a good way to release and let out primal, natural, violent instincts and cravings without actually engaging in combat.
Annacat

Con

Nothing can replace what dogs do to contribute in society. Pigs cannot pick up smells that dogs can. Dogs can even smell cancer. They work as seeing eye dogs and much more. Though a wolf can be domesticated, they have stronger instincts to kill. Most blind humans wouldn't be comfortable with a wolf being their guide. Have you ever seen a seeing eye wolf? I don't think so. Also a pig would be no help. They are not comforting creatures and their smell is nowhere near a dog's. And though some people think dog's fighting to the death is entertainment, that doesn't make it right. Lastly, dogs were domesticated for a reason, to not have cravings to kill. They were bred to be companions and to not cause harm to humans. Though there are some dogs that want to kill, that isn't an instinct, that is what it's owner has trained it to do. Dogs will do nearly anything to please it's master, it is not their choice to fight in a ring, it is not like boxing or any other sport. They are forced to fight their own kind. In boxing and wrestling, the human chooses to fight, they can quit at any moment.
In_Human_Form

Pro

Where is your evidence dogs can smell cancer? Don't pull facts out of nowhere and cite evidence for your claims. Also, we have artificially selected them. All of their behavior has been shaped by us. Nearly anything that eats meat, has instincts to kill, including dogs. Dogs also lack the cognitive function that humans do. Dogs, like other animals, purely react based upon instinct. A dog placed in the ring, can't quit until it's injured, remember, it reacts to instinct. it does not know it has been forced to be there, or that humans are taking advantage of it, it just knows it has to kill the other dog. Murder, violence, bloodshed, are in every meat eating animals mind. Dogs in the wild, will kill. Also, wolves have not endured the artificial selection and domestication dogs have had over a long period of time. Final statement of round: Dogs have natural instincts to kill, it's just generations and generations of artificial selection have turned them into non-violent animals. Remember voters, I brought science and logic to this debate, rather than emotions, as con has.
Annacat

Con

First of all, here is a link to an article about dogs detecting cancer and other harmful medical issues: http://pets.webmd.com... . Dogs have not been "artificially shaped" It should be up to the dogs to do what they want to do, fight if they want to fight. Dogs cannot quit as soon as they are injured, the fight ends when they are injured enough that they cannot carry on or it ends when one dog is dead. It only fights because it knows that it has a chance of being fed for once if it wins the fight, if dogs refuse to fight, they are poked and annoyed until they get so angry. If they refuse to fight, or if they loose a fight, most dogs are killed in torturous ways. Some of these ways include Electrocuting, drowning, beating, hanging, or killed in some other atrocious matter, here is where I found those facts: http://www.peta.org... . Pit bulls and other dogs used in fighting are not wild animals, they may be decedents of wild animals but they have been domesticated for about 16,000 years but they became companions for humans about 40,000 years ago. Remember voters, I brought physical evidence instead of what I think dog fighting is, as pro has been. I have done a lot of research on this topic and I have put a lot of time and effort into this criminal act.
In_Human_Form

Pro

In_Human_Form forfeited this round.
Posted by Annacat 1 year ago
Annacat
Keep in mind that I showed physical evidence instead of just guessing on what I think dog fighting is. I also include proper grammar and I put a lot of time and effort into this debate, unlike pro. Overall, dog fighting is wrong and nobody should be involved in it. Drugs, alcohol and other crimes are revolved around some cases of dog fighting, comment if you want proof.
Posted by In_Human_Form 1 year ago
In_Human_Form
Honestly, I have made very good arguments and I also have superior grammar and more properly formatted sentences. Keep this in mind.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
Why would con do that?
Posted by WAM 1 year ago
WAM
You can easily win this.. Most likely con will forfeit every round.
Posted by DATXDUDE 1 year ago
DATXDUDE
This would be an interesting devils advocate debate.
Posted by Annacat 1 year ago
Annacat
@retroz some people just don't see dogs as companions, they see them as property and they may think that this is a sport.
Posted by retroz 1 year ago
retroz
How do you expect someone to defend dog fighting?